User avatar

TheEccentricScribe

  • Lyric Poetry Re: Eulogy

    I think if you had read my prior post a little more carefully, you wouldn't have said anything, simply because you were only reiterating exactly what I had been saying, ...

    Nov 27, 2006
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Untitled

    This is a writing exercise I've been working on for a week or so. I hope you like it. Chapter 1 The gates to the fence were quite impressive, heavy ...

    Nov 27, 2006
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Eulogy

    Yes, I agree with everyone's comments on the poem. Let me reiterate what I told Incandescence in a PM: My comment about not caring about replies and suggestions for my ...

    Nov 27, 2006
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Eulogy

    I realize this is a serious place for writing and all, but you know, my grandmother did just die Wednesday, so it's not like my top priority is astounding poetics ...

    Nov 25, 2006
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Eulogy

    .

    Nov 25, 2006
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Faith Fallen

    Prologue: A Wicked Pact A hellish gleam sprung from the pages, as if the unusual paper’s very fabric consisted of some otherworldly power. Of course, the notion was absurd; the ...

    Nov 18, 2006
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Interrogative (Challenge - 3/6)

    This reminded me (in a rather scary way) of the kind of conversation I might have with my father. It also reminds me of the Abbet & Castello "Who's on ...

    Nov 17, 2006
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Ages of Afanadar

    Here's a little more of the backstory of Afanadar. Rise of the Nether Kings The tale of the Nether Kings tells the very origin of evil, not only in Afanadar ...

    Nov 17, 2006
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Ages of Afanadar

    I've got a huge timeline set out for the ancient history, but unfortunately very little of it is ready to be pushed into prose. Ages of Afanadar Our world’s history ...

    Nov 17, 2006
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Cost of Action

    From the first, I was hooked to this little story. I was just glancing over different stuff, not really planning on reading everything through, and this grabbed my curiosity. Really ...

    Nov 17, 2006
  • Action/Adventure Short Stories Re: PowerSurge... he's a superhero

    Not terribly innovative at the moment, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. After all, that's why so many people inspired by The Lord of the Rings (or any other ...

    Nov 16, 2006
  • Action/Adventure Novels Re: Mercy of the Sword Saint: Prologue

    To the first reviewer: Thank you for your input. Yes, the gnomes have a very meandering way of speaking, and if it is confusing to you, then I take that ...

    Nov 16, 2006
  • Other Poetry Re: Sing, Virgilian Carmentis

    .

    Nov 16, 2006
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Twilight City

    A weakness I have as a writer is trying to get way too much out in the first swing. You do not have that weakness; you keep enough story elements ...

    Nov 16, 2006
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Towers of Souls

    The story was entertaining and imaginative. I suggest adding some commas in dialogue where pauses might seem natural, but that's more a stylistic preference than anything else. Also, it stuck ...

    Nov 16, 2006


i don't want to pass up an opportunity to be authentic for the opportunity to be profound
— soundofmind