User avatar

TheEccentricScribe

  • General Fiction Novels Re: Beowulf Project Part 1

    So, for a while now I have been plotting out a novel which uses a character briefly mentioned about in the beginning of Beowulf, called King Scyld by the Beowulf ...

    Jun 10, 2009
  • Fantasy Novels Re: A Cold Moon [Chapter One] [Part I]

    Nice start. Didn't notice many problems, except for one paragraph: The students were instructed to sit by homerooms. Kerry pulled out her schedule, looking for the name. It was Clark. ...

    Jun 9, 2009
  • Action/Adventure Novels Re: Mages

    I will honestly say that this was a painless read. That is a pretty big compliment from me. I don't like the irksome feeling I get from bad prose, and ...

    Jun 6, 2009
  • Action/Adventure Novels Re: Teen Team

    So, first, the positives. On the one hand, you are good at not going into info dump mode. My style of writing tends to blithely ignore the anti-info-dump age we ...

    Jun 6, 2009
  • Lyric Poetry Re: My Clumsy, Calloused Hand

    My Clumsy, Calloused Hand More precious than diamonds fragile as glass. I asked for its beauty and it was given. The sun shone through in millions of glowing motes of ...

    Mar 26, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Roadwork

    The mistake most of you are making is that I have anything to say. Maybe I do, maybe I don't. But literature isn't always a handout. I could tell you ...

    Mar 26, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Roadwork

    It is a vexation. The problem the main character faces is vexatious. Obviously, the piece is allegorical. Pervasively so. The allegory isn't exactly spelled out, but. They shouldn't be, methinks.

    Mar 25, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Roadwork

    I was speaking to the reader, yes. And the story which follows has everything to do with what's said. The story isn't self-evident; I don't mean it to be. Not ...

    Mar 25, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Roadwork

    The piece is complete.

    Mar 24, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: The Hard, Cold Facts

    It's not pointless. I never write anything pointless. I'm not saying it's deep or fantastic or magnificent, but it's not pointless. And if it's nothing other than enjoyable, so what? ...

    Feb 25, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: The Hard, Cold Facts

    Thanks for the reviews. Certainly, I am pleased that you found this funny, but there is something serious here as well. Ezra Pound is famous for his two-lined poem. Tell ...

    Feb 23, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: The Hard, Cold Facts

    .

    Feb 22, 2008
  • General Articles Re: The Szecsei Manifesto

    I like Utopias. By nature they are dystopian. I suggest reading "Utopia," by Thomas Moore, "Dinotopia," and "Those Who Walk Away from Omelas," a short story by Ursula Le Guin. ...

    Feb 22, 2008
  • Romantic Short Stories Re: Adam and Elle.

    I think I like this. I like how you turn things on its head a bit: Adam has the apple first, instead of the girl . . . Who isn't ...

    Feb 21, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Roadwork

    Roadwork An impossible task is set before me. I stare at it. It stares at me tauntingly, and I know I will fail if I try. What is the task? ...

    Feb 21, 2008


Sometimes I'm terrified of my heart; of its constant hunger for whatever it is it wants. The way it stops and starts.
— Poe