User avatar

TheCodex

  • Other Poetry Re: Loose Change

    I am IN LOVE with this poem. The metaphor is awesome. I also think it's an awfully original idea. Great job! He is the scholar perceived as worthless. He is ...

    Aug 28, 2011
  • Other Poetry Re: Untitled

    Hey! Here to review this poem. Like someone above had mentioned, I didn't know what this was at first. The line Can they say, 'I love you, no matter what'? ...

    Aug 28, 2011
  • Other Poetry Re: Spilt Milk

    This is pretty good, a true concept to be sure, but some things don't make sense to me. The last four lines seem out of place, and I wouldn't use ...

    Aug 28, 2011
  • Welcome Mat Re: Hello (:

    Hey! Welcome to YWS! A few tips I would have for a newbie like yourself... (I was one just at the start of this year) 1. Review, review, review! This ...

    Aug 28, 2011
  • Romantic Novels Re: Call me Alice: Part One

    I like this :) I like your opening, it's so true! Everyone can relate, no one can deny. Well done there. You have a lot of explanation in the first ...

    Aug 28, 2011
  • Romantic Novels Re: Lovers or Haters ?

    Erm. Today's The First Day Of School . I Groaned and Go Out Of Bed . I Peeled My Clothes Off and Put On A Grey Plaid Shirt and Shorty ...

    Aug 28, 2011
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Labyrinth: Chapter One

    A novel, huh? Let us begin. First things first- I would lop off everything before the ЖЖЖ. It's far too much explanation. His father died. His mother died. Now it's ...

    Aug 28, 2011
  • Fanfiction Short Stories Re: Harry Potter, Voldemort and a cookie.

    LOL. Unserious, but good for the lulz.

    Aug 28, 2011
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: A Job In the Market

    Hmm. Intreating story. Quite short, we know. I am somewhat confused. You threw a lot of information about the backstory at us in a very short space of words, yet ...

    Aug 28, 2011
  • Romantic Short Stories Re: Bunny Fluffy

    F-f-fantastic work. I loved the ending. What a twist! Their girlfriends?! HE WOULDN'T! *wipes tear* I have to say this is one of the most gut-wrenching, tear-jerking, heart-to-heart pieces of ...

    Aug 28, 2011
  • Other Poetry Re: Insomnia

    This is a good poem. I like the idea about writing about insomnia. I think you should pick a stanza scheme, because the rhythm gets lost a few times here. ...

    Aug 28, 2011
  • Other Poetry Re: Fairy-girl

    This is an interesting poem. I think you definitely had some nice ideas here. I'm drifting, falling, flying away, away to the place where my dreams live. I'm blurring the ...

    Aug 28, 2011
  • Other Poetry Re: the inklings

    WOW the last review is quite mean. I actually liked this poem. It's funky, it's imaginative, it's fantasy. I don't know what an inkling is here, but I love the ...

    Aug 28, 2011
  • Other Poetry Re: Autumn

    This poem is simple, but a great metaphor. I like how you spiraled everything down, just like the progressing cold and bareness of fall. Very well done, I also love ...

    Aug 28, 2011
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Embracing Summer

    I love this poem, it's sweet and beautiful and I adore the ending. I like the idea of holding a "fragment of heaven." A tiny matchstick to begin with a ...

    Aug 28, 2011


Beware of advice—even this.
— Carl Sandburg