User avatar

Tessitore

  • Writing Tips Re: Favorite Form of Procrastination?

    *blinks* Ya'll have TIME to procrastinate? :) Studying, Writing, Drawing, Painting, Reading, Selling stuff on eBay... and PORTAL! Ahhhhhhh, must... play... again...

    Mar 25, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: How do I stop myself from slacking off?

    Being distracted by lovely distractions has always been a battle for the writer. My greatest suggestion is quite simple; do something you've not done in a long time. Take a ...

    Mar 25, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Write what you know

    I'd hope that you don't write just what you know... or some sci-fi/fantasy writers are just insane! Take, for example, Tolkein. He did not KNOW about hobbits, elves, etc, but ...

    Mar 16, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Post your word count

    Name of Novel: Under the Edge of Night When it was started: November 11th or sometime soon after. Word County: 92,521 Summary: The very first of my "Dark Wings" stories, ...

    Mar 16, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: I have a problem.

    I agree that sometimes you have to make yourself finish a story, but sometimes that can be all wrong. If you're fifteen and have not finished a story, don't fret. ...

    Feb 25, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Ideas & Inspirations

    1. Dreams. They're so weird they cannot help but be inspiring. 2. Music. Good music, a good lyric, can just spark something inside of you. 3. Driving at night, or ...

    Feb 25, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Writing without a designated spot

    I recently started writing again per my usual Spring/Fall rotation, except this time I'm writing the story I generally reserve for Spring now... in the Fall. That's for a very ...

    Oct 15, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: I need names!!

    I don't mean to be a jerk but I really recommend going by the K.I.S.S. standard: Keep It Simple Stupid. The best books are the simple ones (apart from, say, ...

    Jan 2, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: I need names!!

    Am I the only one that doesn't want readers to trip over words? Look... you do already know what these aleged creatures are going to do, right? you do know ...

    Dec 13, 2004
  • Writing Tips Re: Need urgent help on Characters!

    My mains a Kansas girl. Yup... And now she has some crappy stuff happening to her... It's always fun to take the sweet young things and do stuff to them. ...

    Dec 7, 2004
  • Writing Tips Re: Need urgent help on Characters!

    Reads books. Talk to people. And by people I don't just mean your friends. Talk to people. Really do it. Really listen. Don't just wait for your chance to speak. ...

    Dec 7, 2004
  • Writing Tips Re: How DO you write?

    Interesting, I must say. I write fantasy (which isn't all... I dunno... elf-ey and stuff, more... dark) to try and make the reader think "Hm. I know this ISN'T real... ...

    Dec 2, 2004
  • Writing Tips Re: How DO you write?

    I have very strong sexual themes in some of my (shorter) stories. I'm a very sexual person, and that's usually what "inappropriate material" I'm talking about. Face it, all teenagers ...

    Dec 2, 2004
  • Writing Tips Re: How DO you write?

    I'm in that middle ground between Young Adult and Adult. Stradling the fence, you could say. I sometimes hint at things or else blatantly have... things... which are "not appropriate" ...

    Dec 1, 2004
  • Writing Tips Re: How DO you write?

    Dele, what made you go from fantasy to reality-like stuff? I'm curious.

    Dec 1, 2004


Every really new idea looks crazy at first.
— Alfred North Whitehead