-
Re: The Hand That Mocked Them
"I cannot ever fully know, but I do know I was not created for any particular purpose. Your situation and mine are not comparable."
May 25, 2022 -
Re: The Hand That Mocked Them
"Just because you believe you have a full and autonomous mind doesn't mean that's true," he pointed out.
May 25, 2022 -
Re: The Hand That Mocked Them
"Or believe yourself to be."
May 25, 2022 -
Re: The Hand That Mocked Them
"Most sources don't assume creatures like you have minds of your own."
May 25, 2022 -
Re: The Hand That Mocked Them
"Yes, it does," he said frankly.
May 25, 2022 -
Re: The Hand That Mocked Them
"I see." Kivvien hadn't quite expected that.
May 25, 2022 -
Re: The Hand That Mocked Them
"So you can."
May 25, 2022 -
Re: The Hand That Mocked Them
"are you capable of not acting in accordance with your purpose?"
May 25, 2022 -
Re: The Hand That Mocked Them
Kivvien nodded.
May 25, 2022 -
Re: The Hand That Mocked Them
"I have noticed that, creature."
May 25, 2022 -
Re: The Hand That Mocked Them
"That is the nature of you creatures. Simply purposeful creations."
May 25, 2022 -
Re: The Hand That Mocked Them
"I hardly remember," he said dismissively. "I was a distractible child. I simply wanted knowledge, the topics I was passionate about could change from day to day. It was good ...
May 25, 2022 -
Re: The Hand That Mocked Them
"I was a child, what I wanted hardly mattered when the- my patron needed me to work toward a different goal. And she was correct, you've seen what I've accomplished."
May 25, 2022 -
Re: The Hand That Mocked Them
"My patron can make any decisions she seems necessary regarding my education."
May 25, 2022 -
Re: The Hand That Mocked Them
"Near the very start of my education. The crown ordered my education be diverted to solve the issues regarding the demonic infestation."
May 25, 2022
