-
Re: The Hand That Mocked Them
Kivvien considered this. "Have you seen the note since returning?"
Jun 2, 2022 -
Re: The Hand That Mocked Them
"Would you humor me then, please?"
Jun 2, 2022 -
Re: The Hand That Mocked Them
"If it's nothing, why are you avoiding the question?"
Jun 2, 2022 -
Re: The Hand That Mocked Them
"Hieronymus," Kivvien said, "What did he do?"
Jun 2, 2022 -
Re: The Hand That Mocked Them
Kivvien glanced down at him. "What did he do to you?"
Jun 2, 2022 -
Re: The Hand That Mocked Them
"It had better be. There's quite a lot riding on it."
Jun 2, 2022 -
Re: The Hand That Mocked Them
"Perhaps. He is far from being similar to the lab partner I m used to. It is difficult for me to break long-enforced habits."
Jun 2, 2022 -
Re: The Hand That Mocked Them
"His research was. If I could work with only his notes it would be much preferrable."
Jun 2, 2022 -
Re: The Hand That Mocked Them
"We got a little bit done. Had I been in my old lab with his research at my disposal I do believe I would have gotten further."
Jun 2, 2022 -
Re: The Hand That Mocked Them
Kivvien followed.
Jun 2, 2022 -
Re: The Hand That Mocked Them
Of course he would. He took the key. "Thank you sir."
Jun 2, 2022 -
Re: The Hand That Mocked Them
"I will take the tower room," he said, disguising his surprise.
Jun 2, 2022 -
Re: The Hand That Mocked Them
"Then go to bed." Kivvien had already begun cleaning up. He wholely expected to sleep with his cart tonight. There was no way he was going into town to be ...
Jun 2, 2022 -
Re: The Hand That Mocked Them
For many hours they worked like that, until the light began to fade and the details became less visible.
Jun 2, 2022 -
Re: The Hand That Mocked Them
Kivvien worked in silence.
Jun 2, 2022
