User avatar

Teddybear

untitled

  • Completed Hall of Fame Re: The Hand That Mocked Them

    "What purpose would that serve? I hardly need your input on my work."

    May 23, 2022
  • Completed Hall of Fame Re: The Hand That Mocked Them

    Kivvien glanced back at the cart. "Stay hidden," he said, "There are plenty of people around." The nearest farmer was many paces away and distracted, but Kivvien wouldn't take the ...

    May 23, 2022
  • Completed Hall of Fame Re: The Hand That Mocked Them

    The cart rolled over a patch of rough ground, briefly getting stuck before Kivvien lifted and pushed it free. All around them was farmland, some of which was being worked ...

    May 23, 2022
  • Completed Hall of Fame Re: The Hand That Mocked Them

    Kivvien enjoyed the following silence. He could almost pretend he wasn't being guided by an alchemical mistake to a madman.

    May 23, 2022
  • Completed Hall of Fame Re: The Hand That Mocked Them

    "You should never have been created, creature. It hardly matters what you want."

    May 23, 2022
  • Completed Hall of Fame Re: The Hand That Mocked Them

    "They can't comprehend simple metaphor."

    May 23, 2022
  • Completed Hall of Fame Re: The Hand That Mocked Them

    "You are more similar to a trained dog than you are to any person I've ever met."

    May 23, 2022
  • Completed Hall of Fame Re: The Hand That Mocked Them

    "I was not speaking literally, creature."

    May 23, 2022
  • Completed Hall of Fame Re: The Hand That Mocked Them

    Kivvien shook his head. "I will not try to persuade a dog to admonish its master."

    May 23, 2022
  • Completed Hall of Fame Re: The Hand That Mocked Them

    "He created you," Kivvien said simply. "Every word you have said about his work has done nothing to make him sound sane."

    May 23, 2022
  • Completed Hall of Fame Re: The Hand That Mocked Them

    "I've no doubt of his intellect," if he had he wouldn't have bothered with this at all, "I only doubt his judgment, and perhaps his sanity."

    May 22, 2022
  • Completed Hall of Fame Re: The Hand That Mocked Them

    "He sullied his own name," Kivvien said. "He is hardly worth my effort."

    May 22, 2022
  • Completed Hall of Fame Re: The Hand That Mocked Them

    "I take it he has not accrued much wealth from his work then." Kivvien would have to hide every sign that he was affiliated with the castle or its dealings ...

    May 22, 2022
  • Completed Hall of Fame Re: The Hand That Mocked Them

    Kivvien ignored his thanks. "In what sort of accommodations does your master house his laboratories?" he asked instead.

    May 22, 2022
  • Completed Hall of Fame Re: The Hand That Mocked Them

    (sounds good!) Kivvien was up as early as usual. He got up and stretched before hopping down from his perch to dig in the cart. He pulled out some dried ...

    May 22, 2022


I have hated words and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right.
— Markus Zusak, The Book Thief