User avatar

Tatra

  • Writing Tips Re: Adicted to re-writing

    You know, I've been writing all these small drabbles/flash fiction for my 08 Nano, Flabbergast, and it's really helped me figure out more on my character's backstories. I've also been ...

    Jan 12, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: Notebooks/Journals

    I have several different notebooks. I write my actual journal in a composition notebook, cause I like those best for journaling. And I have quite a few notebooks for story ...

    Jan 10, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: what do you do when you feel like giving up?

    Don't give up!! Just keep writing, so that your improving on a day to day basis. I would definitely second waiting to post here at YWS until your at least ...

    Jan 9, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: I just can't start.

    Never look back until you've finished the story and you can edit. First drafts are never good, although they do have their good points, and they can make your Inner ...

    Jan 4, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: Writing as a back flash

    As silly as it sounds, Animorphs by K.A. Applegate has had a few books written in multiple first person POVs. I think it's basically what Rosey says, make sure that ...

    Jan 4, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: Adicted to re-writing

    One should never, ever look back at what they had written before the last few paragraphs--and sometimes not even then. See, your writing is always improving, even if you don't ...

    Jan 2, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: Fantasy Writing tips?

    I agree with JabberHut, it does sound like you just need that one simple change you were talking about. It seems like you just need to take how the world ...

    Dec 31, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: How do you keep the real world, but still write fantasy?

    It sounds as though you want to create something that's about like Urban Fantasy. My favorite magic is Faery magic, the Fey always seem to sneak into my novels and ...

    Dec 30, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: If you're really struggling...

    Just don't look back at what you're writing, just keep writing until the story is done. If you keep looking back at your writing you will notice that as a ...

    Dec 30, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: A question for script, screen play, and play writers

    I think that scripts are about the same as novels in level of difficulty. I mean, in scripts it is mostly dialogue with a few bits of action to help ...

    Dec 19, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: I need help to make an iresistable plot

    I wouldn't worry so much about what your character looks like. Most of the warnings out there are so that people don't take up half the novel describing how beautiful ...

    Sep 3, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: What's in a Name, or a Title, in this case

    I like to choose random titles for my stories. Most of the time I think about the main idea in my story and come up with a title that matches ...

    Aug 29, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Screenwriting Freeware

    Celtx is an awesome script writing program, and it is free. It is really cool. Celtx

    Jul 30, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Losing the plot

    The story idea sounds very interesting, so it shouldn't be too difficult to find a plot. I'd think about what you want to include in your story, what you want ...

    Jul 28, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Writing Formate

    You're right, things aren't quite right in both of your examples. But, writing really isn't that hard. There are only a few rules to make your story easier to understand. ...

    Jul 13, 2008


Ho ho ho!
— Santa