-
Re: Character deaths
Totally depends on the story! Sometimes you can fit multiple deaths in there and only after the end is the reader like "Oh! A ton of people died there!" Harry ...
Dec 3, 2011 -
Re: Having Trouble with Opening
Hey everyone! I'm just climbing out of the Writers' Block Hole and reworking a story that I've had going for years now. Thing is, I - like so many of ...
Dec 3, 2011 -
Re: Title Advice?
I'm having trouble with giving my novel a name. I'm in the midst of the editting process (third run!) and I'm feeling like it'll be time to send it out ...
Aug 2, 2011 -
Re: What are ways someone would summon a dark spirit?
Personally, I think this is one of those things you should feel free to take artistic liberties with. THere are so many different beliefs and cultures, and they all do ...
Jul 4, 2011 -
Re: Anddd...I'm Stuck.
I have serious commitment issues when it comes to my writing (don't tell my characters!). I've found that either one of three things always helps... 1.) Step away and follow ...
Jun 3, 2011 -
Re: Show not Tell
As said above, this will become easier with practice. Don't frett, dearheart. It helps me to stop, close my eyes and put myself in my character's shoes. Use all that ...
May 24, 2011 -
Re: How do you do it?
I have that problem too! - Though mine is easily blamed on my muse (he's a total spaz). What I find helps is to write little notes to myself. Say ...
May 24, 2011 -
Re: So I have a idea..
I would totally love to vote! Please PM me when you get this set up! (YWS or your website)
May 24, 2011 -
Re: Geography: Reality vs Fantasy
Hey there guys. In your opinion is it better to create your own story location or to use real places? Want more specifics? Okay, I'm writing a story where fantasy ...
May 21, 2011 -
Re: My Problem with Third Person
It may just be that you need to stop thinking about it and just let the words come. Eventually you'll get the hang of it. Secondly, maybe your story just ...
Apr 8, 2011 -
Re: Where, and when do you write and in what?
Where Used to be in my Kitchen, with my broken chair and my paint-bucket footstool. But we moved and I still haven't found my niche yet. When The summer time. ...
Mar 23, 2011 -
Re: Yeh... Well...
I'm going to make my characters real. They will live, not only in me, but in the imaginations of the readers who grow to love them. I will live also ...
Mar 22, 2011 -
Re: Names...what do you do?
I love baby name books. I keep them one my laptop at all times. (For writing and naming my numerous Sims babies). That way, I'm never at a loss for ...
Mar 22, 2011 -
Re: Advice on Character Names
Hey! This is my person opinion, it doesn't really matter, but you asked for it. I don't generally like names that end with the same sort of sound like... Logan ...
Mar 22, 2011 -
Re: Modern Mythology! Huzzah!
So, I just read the Percy Jackson & The Olympians series where *Semi-Spoiler!* the characters are children of the Greek Gods - Zeus, Athena, Ares and such - and I ...
Feb 16, 2011
