User avatar

Talulahbelle

  • Fantasy Novels Re: Watched - Random excerpts

    Overall I thought this was really interesting. I want to know whats going on here! The only thing I thought to comment on was the end - the action-y part. ...

    Apr 6, 2011
  • Research Re: Where, and when do you write and in what?

    Where Used to be in my Kitchen, with my broken chair and my paint-bucket footstool. But we moved and I still haven't found my niche yet. When The summer time. ...

    Mar 23, 2011
  • Writers Corner Re: Yeh... Well...

    I'm going to make my characters real. They will live, not only in me, but in the imaginations of the readers who grow to love them. I will live also ...

    Mar 22, 2011
  • Writers Corner Re: Names...what do you do?

    I love baby name books. I keep them one my laptop at all times. (For writing and naming my numerous Sims babies). That way, I'm never at a loss for ...

    Mar 22, 2011
  • Writers Corner Re: Advice on Character Names

    Hey! This is my person opinion, it doesn't really matter, but you asked for it. I don't generally like names that end with the same sort of sound like... Logan ...

    Mar 22, 2011
  • Writing Activities Re: Character Answer Game [2]

    "Uh... stand there stunned, then try my best to help the guy without being seen," Kieran says, scrunching her brow. Leven purses his lips and cocks a delicate, white brow. ...

    Mar 22, 2011
  • Writing Activities Re: What would your characters do?

    Vallen hates when people tiptoe around him and his previous...history. What would your character do if he/she was accused of murdering his/her best friend?

    Mar 22, 2011
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Thunder Pussy

    Dude! I loved this! Your writing style is really interesting and easy to read, while still getting all the goods like emotion and sturff. The footnotes worked great, by the ...

    Feb 16, 2011
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Liar

    Hey, I'm not sure what this is. At first I thought it was a prologue, but now I'm thinking that I won't do much else with that emotion. I know ...

    Feb 16, 2011
  • Writers Corner Re: Modern Mythology! Huzzah!

    So, I just read the Percy Jackson & The Olympians series where *Semi-Spoiler!* the characters are children of the Greek Gods - Zeus, Athena, Ares and such - and I ...

    Feb 16, 2011
  • Writing Activities Re: What would your characters do?

    Vallen would argue and fight until the end to find a cure. Tobie would probably argue as well, but eventually she would do it (if she lost the argument). Leven ...

    Feb 16, 2011
  • Writing Tips Re: Swearing

    Yeah, it does. I thought about doing it that way, but I wasn't sure if it would work since I'm writing in 3rd person, but I'll try it out. I ...

    Jan 28, 2011
  • Writing Tips Re: Swearing

    I have a character that seems to want to be a potty mouth. It comes naturally to him and I can't break him from it. Do you think that its ...

    Jan 28, 2011
  • Randomosity Re: Birthday twins

    December 28th! Smushed between some serious holidays...

    Jan 28, 2011
  • Lounge, The Re: Nationality Headcount at YWS

    American: 23 Canadian: 4 English: 11 Filipino: 5 Finnish: 2 French: 2 Indian: 5 Irish: 1 Italian: 1 Puerto Rican: 1 Scottish: 1 South African: 1 South Korean: 1 Welsh: ...

    Jan 28, 2011


The day, which was one of the first of spring, cheered even me by the loveliness of its sunshine and the balminess of the air. I felt emotions of gentleness and pleasure, that had long appeared dead, revive within me. Half surprised by the novelty of these sensations, I allowed myself to be borne away by them, and forgetting my solitude and deformity, dared to be happy.
— Mary Shelley, Frankenstein