User avatar

Talulahbelle

  • Writers Corner Re: Character deaths

    Totally depends on the story! Sometimes you can fit multiple deaths in there and only after the end is the reader like "Oh! A ton of people died there!" Harry ...

    Dec 3, 2011
  • Writing Tips Re: Having Trouble with Opening

    Hey everyone! I'm just climbing out of the Writers' Block Hole and reworking a story that I've had going for years now. Thing is, I - like so many of ...

    Dec 3, 2011
  • Writers Corner Re: Title Advice?

    I'm having trouble with giving my novel a name. I'm in the midst of the editting process (third run!) and I'm feeling like it'll be time to send it out ...

    Aug 2, 2011
  • Action/Adventure Novels Re: The Keeper Chronicles #1: The Dark Angel of Peace

    Okay, um... just a few points. Firstly, how old is this kid? Three? He strikes me as way too articulate and understanding for a three year old. It really pulled ...

    Jul 5, 2011
  • Research Re: What are ways someone would summon a dark spirit?

    Personally, I think this is one of those things you should feel free to take artistic liberties with. THere are so many different beliefs and cultures, and they all do ...

    Jul 4, 2011
  • Randomosity Re: How do you think the person above you looks?

    Kind of like a mashup of Jasmine and Belle. Lucky.

    Jun 3, 2011
  • Writers Corner Re: Anddd...I'm Stuck.

    I have serious commitment issues when it comes to my writing (don't tell my characters!). I've found that either one of three things always helps... 1.) Step away and follow ...

    Jun 3, 2011
  • Writing Tips Re: Show not Tell

    As said above, this will become easier with practice. Don't frett, dearheart. It helps me to stop, close my eyes and put myself in my character's shoes. Use all that ...

    May 24, 2011
  • Writing Tips Re: How do you do it?

    I have that problem too! - Though mine is easily blamed on my muse (he's a total spaz). What I find helps is to write little notes to myself. Say ...

    May 24, 2011
  • Writers Corner Re: So I have a idea..

    I would totally love to vote! Please PM me when you get this set up! (YWS or your website)

    May 24, 2011
  • Writing Tips Re: Geography: Reality vs Fantasy

    Hey there guys. In your opinion is it better to create your own story location or to use real places? Want more specifics? Okay, I'm writing a story where fantasy ...

    May 21, 2011
  • Research Archives Re: Mental Disorders

    I'm writing about a group of characters that were largely neglected and abused all throughout their lives. They range from 4 to 20 years old, boys and girls alike. What ...

    May 2, 2011
  • Writing Tips Re: My Problem with Third Person

    It may just be that you need to stop thinking about it and just let the words come. Eventually you'll get the hang of it. Secondly, maybe your story just ...

    Apr 8, 2011
  • Writing Activities Re: Character Answer Game [2]

    (AWESOME QUESTION!) "Yeah, could I get some color and a childhood? Thanks," Leven says, his eyes heavy-lidden with his sour attitude. Kieran's face is shaded for a moment as she ...

    Apr 8, 2011
  • Writing Activities Re: Character Answer Game [2]

    Leven merely stares, his brow cocked with a mordant gleam in his eye. Vallen laughs darkly. "What's to like about princes?" "I have to choose?" Flower asks, her attention momentarily ...

    Apr 7, 2011


she slept with wolves without fear, for the wolves knew there was a lion among them.
— r.m. drake