User avatar

Syte

  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: Heart Stabbed Blade Chapter 2: toji talks a lot (edit)

    Hey, I'm back ^-^ (Dear God, I'm using anime emotes) This computer still doesn't translate quotation marks and hyphens, so I'll do the generosity of changing them myself whenever I ...

    Sep 18, 2008
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: Heart Stabbed Blade Chapter 1: Her (edit)

    so a month after I started seventh grade they put a bunch of money in a bank a nd told them to let me have so much a month I'm ...

    Sep 18, 2008
  • Novel / Chapter » Science Fiction, General Re: The Zenith Cycle: Zenith--Chapter Two Part I

    I'll start off by saying that I haven't read chapter 1 or the prologue. The reason is you seem to have gotten enough reviews already, and anything I'd have to ...

    Sep 17, 2008
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: Alvalor

    At this point I don't really know what the novels about or what makes it a fantasy, not that what I said is much of a criticism. I don't find ...

    Sep 15, 2008
  • Short Story » Fantasy, General Re: Golden

    I suppose the point of the story was to indicate that death and darkness are integral parts of the universe, and despite being underrated, are not necessarily evil or less ...

    Sep 2, 2008
  • Short Story » Fantasy, General Re: Tainted Blood

    I waited a moment or two to slow m y breathing I leaned over to the nightstand and fumbled for my glasses comma cutting my finger on the edge of ...

    Aug 29, 2008
  • Short Story » Science Fiction, General Re: Mirror, Mirror on the Wall (Edited)

    I haven't read "And All This But Mere Perceptions", but I'll tell you what I think and what I understand. had been fresh out of grey wolf, and would not ...

    Jul 28, 2008
  • Short Story » Fantasy, General Re: Crow Gate

    Welcome to YWS! There's a couple of things you should know first. 1) You need two reviews for every story you submit. That means you should review two stories right ...

    Jul 28, 2008
  • Novel / Chapter » Science Fiction, General Re: Regen: Chapter 1

    Groesbeck flicked the light switch and released the floodgates of light Floodgates...maybe it's just me, but what's that? I looked it up and the dictionary says 1. A gate used ...

    Jul 27, 2008
  • Short Story » Fantasy, General Re: The Undying #1

    Kylan's advice about starting in the middle of the action is really good, as is a lot of the other advice you received. I didn't see any grammar or spelling ...

    Jul 22, 2008
  • Short Story » Fantasy, General Re: When the darkness is your prison

    Yeah, you should do two reviews now to compensate for the story you submitted. Anyway, on to the review! “The midnight blue ones . Y ou should know that” “by ...

    Jul 22, 2008
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: Beyond Avolon- Chapter 1 rewritten

    Yeah, you got some really good reviews. I don't know if there's anything I can cover that hasn't been covered already, but I'll read your story and give it a ...

    Jul 22, 2008
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: Caste of the Spider-- part one

    A curse upon the spider-mark The ink that creeps beneath our skin The brand that makes us who we are: A blight to those “untouched by sin…” Yeah, you should ...

    Jul 22, 2008
  • Novel / Chapter » Science Fiction, General Re: Arcadia Online: Logon

    “I do , but I’m too tired to get up right now. Since Amelia was only in grade seven she’ll be staying at her old school when Ryan moves on ...

    Jul 22, 2008
  • Novel / Chapter » Science Fiction, General Re: DELETED

    I had hidden behind yester day for half an hour I felt awkward in my [s]skirt and [/s]shirt that was the same color as the roses in the pattern on ...

    Jul 22, 2008


What really knocks me out is a book that, when you're all done reading it, you wish the author that wrote it was a terrific friend of yours and you could call him up on the phone whenever you felt like it. That doesn't happen much, though.
— J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye