User avatar

Swires

  • Writing Tips Re: Evolving Your Alien Species

    Nice tips, you could apply the same techniques to fantastical creatures - like different types of dragons etc... and how they evolved differently to each other. For example Dragon species ...

    Dec 28, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Sword Description Help

    Well it depends on the importance of the sword, is it vital that you have to describe the sword in detail? If its a simple sword then just say exactly ...

    Dec 27, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Cal's Hyde Park Corner Soapbox Oration #1

    Nice advice

    Dec 23, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Cal's Hyde Park Corner Soapbox Oration #2

    Nice advice there.

    Dec 23, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: romance

    lol, I was just joking which no one would have picked up on as I didn't include a "lol". Take the idea BUT, if you ever publish just remember where ...

    Dec 22, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: romance

    OK, but you cant publish it because its my idea and I have evidence that it is because of this forum so if it ever hits the shelves I can ...

    Dec 21, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: romance

    OK, Its no use us giving you a story line. I can think of a thousand story lines and apply them to romance however many may not be very good ...

    Dec 21, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Working Backwards

    Thankyou myth. I think Ill write the beginning then the end and then do the middle.

    Dec 21, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Working Backwards

    Well I usually write 20K in chronological order, get boeard and toss it to one side. I have done this with many ideas. Its mainly because I dont know where ...

    Dec 21, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Working Backwards

    Yes, I thought that after I posted. It might be worth writing the last 10 thousand words and the first then do the middle. I hate middles with a passion.

    Dec 21, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Working Backwards

    I'm seriously thinking of writing the last chapter first and working backwards through the novel. What do you all think and is there any disadvantages of doing this?

    Dec 21, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Names

    Im one of many that puts little importance into the names of my characters. In fact in my most recent novels there is an entire civilisation that lives with no ...

    Dec 21, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: lil help??

    3rd Person due mainly to the fact its more marketable in the fiction industry. I know Ill be shouted at for that with people yelling, "AS LONG AS ITS A ...

    Dec 21, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: OK?

    Yes, first thing to do is rename Prologue to CHapter 1. It just makes everything so much less clichéd. Next, Id say length of a prologue doesnt matter as long ...

    Dec 21, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Music

    I like silence, I find music messes the grammar of my work and ruins it. Griffinkeeper felt the wrath of frantic typing whilst listening to meat loaf. lol.

    Dec 21, 2006


The heavens laugh with you in your jubilee; my heart is at your festival.
— William Shakespeare