User avatar

Swires

  • Writing Tips Re: General Writing Tips

    Thankyou, some good tips, a few I disagreee with however but some decent advice.

    Apr 22, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: When men cry...

    Thanks fishr, that is an excellent tip,

    Apr 22, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Book Idea

    Well if you believe in the idea then it may work. Its the VERY bare bones of it and a little cliched. Perhaps you could expand it, grow on the ...

    Apr 20, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: A Big Book Of Characters

    This may work for all the plot driven/world driven writers more effectively that people who are great at inventing characters. I basically, have a standard excersise book, on the front ...

    Apr 20, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Analyzing those characters -

    Great tip fishr!

    Apr 20, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: What makes a good title?

    Basically you've got to think about what the book is about. LOL! sorry I couldnt be more help.

    Apr 17, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Character Upside Down Pyramid

    Yes, thats the one Imp!

    Apr 17, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Character Upside Down Pyramid

    This is a technique I use in order to develop the personality and physical features of a character, also how much description and showing of that trait should be used ...

    Apr 16, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Making sure things are clear...

    I also want some tips on how to avoid confusion.

    Apr 13, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Creating an Evil Character

    Nice tip, and I agree that Sauron was a terrible evil character. But then again wasnt Saruman that main evil charcter throughout LOTR?

    Apr 12, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Back in Time Scenes

    Those who have read the boatman will know it starts out as a first person story, of someone who gets killed. I was wondering if I could have several scenes ...

    Mar 6, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Gender

    ditto. Observation, write about those who know, what mannerisms do they have? is this apparant in most men? Whats there voice like? etc...

    Mar 6, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Need opinions - Is this clothing well described?

    If the clothing is important I say keep it in one block or you could hint to what he is wearing throughout a scene. Yes, I have a clear picture ...

    Mar 2, 2006
  • Research Re: HEEEEELLLLPPPP!!!!!!!

    Google is your friend. But yes, the Bonnie Prince, I remember doing about it, a few more facts will jog my memory.

    Feb 28, 2006
  • Research Re: 19th Century Docklands

    Sorry England however I just want an overview of what it was like.

    Feb 25, 2006


someone hide fried pickles in my tree
— Iggy