User avatar

Swires

  • Writing Tips Re: Drama Club

    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Annie is NOT proper drama it is an over exaggerated musical. its not a good thing to start with as there is little drama actually

    Dec 21, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Character nams

    Im usually pretty good at plucking names out of nowhere, I dont usually go into any great length for names.

    Oct 29, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Creating Fantasy Worlds, Characters, and Creatures

    The way magic works in my new world is through something called the aura. The aura is a concentration of magic, it is more dense in parts and allows sorcerers ...

    Aug 19, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Inebriation

    Well maybe he coupld simply have the stereotypes: Blurred vision, stumpling over everywhere, bad reactions.

    Aug 1, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: The First Paragraph

    Nice tip, I usually just diev straight into the action with my first paragraphs. Or if not its the setting to get myself into the story.

    Jul 31, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Discipline, oh my!

    See my blog entry, Plotting the Motivational Way

    Jul 31, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Flawless- Yet Flawed? (With A Nod To Snoink)

    Characters are the things that I struggle with, they are sort of side ons at the moment to the world and story. BUt I havea really good character now which ...

    Jul 30, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: How to write chapters...

    I have an OCD but it isnt a good one, my mind forces me to wash my hands about 50 times a day, if I come into aocntact with any ...

    Jul 29, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Dead Main Characters

    What you are suggesting Teeeo is a little cliched. Probably the best thing to do would be not to kill the MC, you are the writer and only you can ...

    Jul 29, 2006
  • Research Re: Question on new story

    OR how about, from a fantasy point of view. THe Mafia discovers magic!

    Jul 28, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Need...To Get...In...The Groove!

    Or how about technified classical remixes! There are some good websites out there for that kind of thing.

    Jul 26, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Getting the Most Out of a Critique

    Yes, I am sometimes aq vague critiquer also, I really need to get back into the swing of long crits.

    Jul 26, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Need...To Get...In...The Groove!

    Some cool tips there David, thankyou for the music refs

    Jul 26, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Need...To Get...In...The Groove!

    Yeah, you ve got to choose the right genre for the scene you are righting, like a harsh battle might be as fishr said, some metal or hard music.

    Jul 25, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Plotting - The Motivational Way

    Thankyou for the comments, I wrote it for people having the same blockades as me. I think it is really motavational.

    Jul 25, 2006


What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
— Albert Pines