User avatar

Swires

  • Media Reviews Re: Harry Potter & Inheritance- Opinions Wanted!!

    1. Eragon or Harry (as heroes)? Harry Potter 2. Galbatorix or Lord Voldemort (as villains)? Voldy, Galbatorix has no real aims and is a mere overtone of the books as ...

    Dec 22, 2006
  • Writing Activities Re: Character Answer Game

    Why share? If people are too lazy to work for what they have then they must die. ~Judge of Blesser town. what I have i share in return for more ...

    Dec 21, 2006
  • Writing Activities Re: Where Does Writing Hide?

    - In the cobwebs of my mind.

    Dec 21, 2006
  • Writing Activities Re: Ultra-short Fiction

    Quiet filled the room, the house, the earth. Then came the real noise: Silence. No birds dared to chirp or, no mammal dared to suckle its young. All things came ...

    Dec 18, 2006
  • Writing Activities Re: Character Answer Game

    "A dragon, then I could get my own way all the time." - The Nurse. "An owl, then wisdom is mine." - The Judge. If your name was Bridey Kidd, ...

    Dec 18, 2006
  • Writing Activities Re: Character Answer Game

    Ill give a Q - What are your thoughts on global warming?

    Dec 17, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: I have an idea and I need to develop it.

    Well we cant decide that you can. Answer your questions. What era would best fit this basic idea? My view is in the modern day 1st world because there is ...

    Nov 2, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Which authors/books do you hate?

    Myth, we have contrasting views on books. I like Morpurgo, I though Kensuki's kingdom was beautiful, however I hate Jacky Wilson, her books are mainly for girls, that could be ...

    Nov 1, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Which authors/books do you hate?

    Popularity is a measure of likability. The prose is obviously much more likable. Most people in my town cannot get to the middle of the fellowship. You have to admit ...

    Nov 1, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Which authors/books do you hate?

    The LOTR Films however was not the blockbuster of the year. HP was. And who said it was the best point of the argument? Id already discussed plot characters etc... ...

    Oct 31, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Which authors/books do you hate?

    Ive read the hobbit, I can judge Tolkien on that book. As for plot, Tolkien seems linear. There are so many plots riddled into one plot with Harry Potter. Characters, ...

    Oct 31, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Which authors/books do you hate?

    The Hobbit Ive read - its deemed readable. LOTR I cannot get past the boredom of Bilbos birthday which is simply mind draining. Another reason I hate LOTR is the ...

    Oct 31, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Which authors/books do you hate?

    I hate Tolkien. It's drawn out boredom and endless description over whats unnecessary. Tolkien was a world builder, not a story teller.

    Oct 30, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Which authors/books do you hate?

    Accept thats just it, Ive never met a single person under 20 that doesn't like the books.

    Oct 28, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Which authors/books do you hate?

    Im sorry, but I am going to have an outburst. People who hate Jo Rowling are going through a fad of authors who think they are better than her and ...

    Oct 28, 2006


Wicked people never have time for reading. It's one of the reasons for their wickedness.
— Lemony Snicket