User avatar

Swires

  • Media Reviews Re: Lord of the Rings Trilogy

    Yesterday, I completed for the first time arguable the first and finest fantasy epic of all time. I stopped in the middle of the two towers for about 6 months ...

    Oct 26, 2007
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Journey's Dawn-Chapter 1 part 1

    Ok, some general comments as a watchful reader I made. 1) Elayna's POV was nicely done, I got a real sense of reality of your world and character through her. ...

    Oct 24, 2007
  • Official Polls Re: What Perspective Do You Like To Write In?

    I think my writing is better in first, my third person is always a little boring and laborious to read.

    Oct 24, 2007
  • Official Polls Re: What's your strongest element?

    I can build one mean world. So "other."

    Oct 24, 2007
  • Writing Tutorials Re: Motivational Plotting

    When I started writing longer stories I went in head first and barracaded thousands of words into the story. Can you guess what happened? The story became blander that an ...

    Oct 23, 2007
  • Writing Tutorials Re: Plotting With Excel

    Plotting is often considered a hard, boring and perilous task to complete by writers both young and old. Many writers find themselves buried in maps, character sheets and plot outlines ...

    Oct 23, 2007
  • Lounge, The Re: A Potter RPG

    An old HP RPG, established rules and plot. You can RP at any level - basic, intermediate or advanced. Five years on from Voldemort’s downfall and the Wizarding World is ...

    Oct 22, 2007
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Open Up [edit]

    I'm going to have to disagree with my friends here.... This is a very overused idea. Yes, it was written very well, like always but you cant make a silk ...

    Oct 21, 2007
  • NovMo Archives Re: Slightly Nano

    Yes, Holly Lisle is an online writing Godess. I forgot about her actually. Thanks for reminding me. The problem is my whole novel is first person - so this isnt ...

    Oct 21, 2007
  • NovMo Archives Re: Slightly Nano

    I dont really have any idea about the plot. I have some scenes in my head. Thats all. I just know that it has potential to be.. complicated.

    Oct 21, 2007
  • NovMo Archives Re: Slightly Nano

    Well I'm open to suggestion of other ways to plot. I need to be in total control of this one before I write it though. Its very complex and precise ...

    Oct 21, 2007
  • NovMo Archives Re: Slightly Nano

    Because of my intense workload at College I shall not be doing Nano. however I think I'm going to use the snowflake method to do a real in depth outline ...

    Oct 21, 2007
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Heaven and Earth Book1 Betrayal:Prolouge-What Comes Your Way

    Several things to say before I will do an in depth critique. :arrow: This is more like "Chapter 1" - Prologues are becoming a thing to avoid. Rename it to ...

    Oct 21, 2007
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Does not have any real subject

    These kinds of introductions have quickly become nothing short of a cliche. Just butcher this and begin your story straight away, because believe it or not, the plot makes me ...

    Oct 21, 2007
  • Writers Corner Re: Pen name?

    My last name is terrible so If I was to be published it would be: Adam Rimrose Eric Matthew Odum, your proper name is better.

    Oct 20, 2007


Paint me green and call me Shrek because I am swamped >.>
— Plume