User avatar

Swires

  • Fiction Discussion Re: Which authors/books do you hate?

    The Hobbit Ive read - its deemed readable. LOTR I cannot get past the boredom of Bilbos birthday which is simply mind draining. Another reason I hate LOTR is the ...

    Oct 31, 2006
  • Other Poetry Re: Love Poem

    lol, Why thank you Dream. It was written for someone very special for me

    Oct 30, 2006
  • Other Poetry Re: Wayfarer's song

    This is in the wrong section.

    Oct 30, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Which authors/books do you hate?

    I hate Tolkien. It's drawn out boredom and endless description over whats unnecessary. Tolkien was a world builder, not a story teller.

    Oct 30, 2006
  • Other Poetry Re: Love Poem

    My heart burns pationately for your desire The truth eats at my soul Both, they burn on fire But still there is that peice of my heart, a huge, gaping ...

    Oct 30, 2006
  • Other Poetry Re: Cursed

    Im not a poet but heres one I wrote several years back ----- When I see your ghostly figure, I know it cannot be real, For you are torn forever, ...

    Oct 30, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Character nams

    Im usually pretty good at plucking names out of nowhere, I dont usually go into any great length for names.

    Oct 29, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Which authors/books do you hate?

    Accept thats just it, Ive never met a single person under 20 that doesn't like the books.

    Oct 28, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Which authors/books do you hate?

    Im sorry, but I am going to have an outburst. People who hate Jo Rowling are going through a fad of authors who think they are better than her and ...

    Oct 28, 2006
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Excerpt (No Title)

    I disagree with the "Screaming with fire" point Claudette. Seamus Heaney, argueably the best poet of the era uses this sort of imagery: What he has used is personification, the ...

    Oct 28, 2006
  • Randomosity Re: Is is just me or is everyone suddenly a mod?

    Llama I challenge your leadership. I am also making this faction a vast empire in which I shall rule in absolute power. Oh dear, I always take things too far...lol

    Oct 28, 2006
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Excerpt (No Title)

    I know how you feel, I have always had a feeling that Im not writing enough on a particular bit but dont ever stretch it out because it becomes bornig. ...

    Oct 28, 2006
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Draught of Power - Advance!

    Chapter 3 – Advance! Neya’s father, Atroyn was dressed appropriately as always. He wore nothing elaborate for the capturing – just a plain black cloak. Several others over dressed. Neya ...

    Sep 24, 2006
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Oracle's Possession

    A much improved and much more interesting first scene to Oracles possession Myth, I liked this and it kept me interested in teh world throughout. Plus It was much more ...

    Sep 24, 2006
  • Fantasy Novels Re: The Blessed CH 1

    The word: Spacing comes to mind

    Sep 9, 2006


Every first draft is perfect, because all a first draft has to do is exist.
— Jane Smiley