User avatar

Swires

  • Action/Adventure Short Stories Re: Story of Suspense

    Short. Why bother posting it? Please actually shell out a meaty piece before bringing it for the slaughter.

    Dec 19, 2006
  • Fantasy Novels Re: A Velvet's Gift

    Ok, what does everyone think about splitting up this to slow the story down a bit: 1 scene getting into Nurse and the world, ending with the introduction of a ...

    Dec 19, 2006
  • Official Polls Re: Reviews: Not Enough or Too Many?

    I do not think I get enough reviews, some of my story's get none at all. However since I simplified my writing I have received an increase in reviews.

    Dec 19, 2006
  • Official Polls Re: What Holiday Will You Be Celebrating?

    Yule - because none of our family are Christians. Yule came before Christmas, and, even though I'm not a pagan, I like the word Yule more and it's more historically ...

    Dec 19, 2006
  • Writing Activities Re: Ultra-short Fiction

    Quiet filled the room, the house, the earth. Then came the real noise: Silence. No birds dared to chirp or, no mammal dared to suckle its young. All things came ...

    Dec 18, 2006
  • Writing Activities Re: Character Answer Game

    "A dragon, then I could get my own way all the time." - The Nurse. "An owl, then wisdom is mine." - The Judge. If your name was Bridey Kidd, ...

    Dec 18, 2006
  • Fantasy Novels Re: The Chair of Wind & Darkness: Draft Two [1-4]: Closed

    Ive just copied all 12 000 words into word and I aim to do a mega crit over Christmas of this because I promised Id do it then forgot about ...

    Dec 18, 2006
  • Fantasy Novels Re: A Velvet's Gift

    Other crits are welcomed by anyone else who wishes to read this.....

    Dec 18, 2006
  • Fantasy Novels Re: A Velvet's Gift

    Thankyou bubble wrapped. This story is pretty much a nice little toy I want to play with. I want to cut a town off from outside interference and watch them ...

    Dec 18, 2006
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: A War Among the Hidden

    Please don't post a paragraph again, fantasy fiction critters want meat to get there teeth stuck into which can be a short story or chapters from a working novel. Why ...

    Dec 18, 2006
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Shadow Scars

    I found this piece to go on a bit like "she did this then she did that" - there was little variety in sentence structure. You can combat this using ...

    Dec 18, 2006
  • Writing Activities Re: Character Answer Game

    Ill give a Q - What are your thoughts on global warming?

    Dec 17, 2006
  • Fantasy Novels Re: A Velvet's Gift

    Thank you dream deep. Yes my characterization of the nurse sucks. I felt a little objective writing her, maybe its because I don't often write in the view point of ...

    Dec 17, 2006
  • Fantasy Novels Re: A Velvet's Gift

    Ive tried to calm down purple prose in this one by getting rid of rambling imagery. Its quite simplistic and if you dont think it is then say. Im not ...

    Dec 16, 2006
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Tarin and Naija

    I'm not, I'm wallowing in self pity lol!

    Dec 15, 2006


An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backwards. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that life's going to launch you into something great, so just focus and keep aiming.
— Unknown