User avatar

Swires

  • Writing Tips Re: Working Backwards

    I'm seriously thinking of writing the last chapter first and working backwards through the novel. What do you all think and is there any disadvantages of doing this?

    Dec 21, 2006
  • Writing Activities Re: Where Does Writing Hide?

    - In the cobwebs of my mind.

    Dec 21, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Names

    Im one of many that puts little importance into the names of my characters. In fact in my most recent novels there is an entire civilisation that lives with no ...

    Dec 21, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: lil help??

    3rd Person due mainly to the fact its more marketable in the fiction industry. I know Ill be shouted at for that with people yelling, "AS LONG AS ITS A ...

    Dec 21, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: OK?

    Yes, first thing to do is rename Prologue to CHapter 1. It just makes everything so much less clichéd. Next, Id say length of a prologue doesnt matter as long ...

    Dec 21, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Music

    I like silence, I find music messes the grammar of my work and ruins it. Griffinkeeper felt the wrath of frantic typing whilst listening to meat loaf. lol.

    Dec 21, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Drama Club

    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Annie is NOT proper drama it is an over exaggerated musical. its not a good thing to start with as there is little drama actually

    Dec 21, 2006
  • Information Desk Archive Re: Design Changes? And Other Suggestions For YWS

    Yes, Id also like something where you can save an entire thread in the literary area as html format with no images. i think this would be useful because you ...

    Dec 21, 2006
  • Official Polls Re: What Holiday Will You Be Celebrating?

    Yes, I was just pointing out its probably unlikely he doesnt follow Christmas.

    Dec 21, 2006
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Paradigm Shift

    The beginning (first two paragraphs) seems a little image rich for my liking and is slightly purple. As snoink said, the beginning is a little soapy. Ending as well, you ...

    Dec 21, 2006
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Elemental

    This piece is small and purely objective, you show little view point of the characters and dont seem to have thought out a plot at all. A brief spell check ...

    Dec 21, 2006
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Prologue to My First Novel

    Yes I agree. There seems to be a lot of information plastered on to the page. Break it up and add subtleties here and there. Yes, you need to format ...

    Dec 20, 2006
  • Fantasy Novels Re: A Velvet's Gift

    Thankyou, yes I am splitting this up to add depth to the world and time zone. At the moment is vague. "The Nurse" will become nurse. "The Judge" will become ...

    Dec 19, 2006
  • General Articles Re: Life is Like Playdough

    I like the playdough idea. I think it juxtaposes a serious message with a fun thought and also presents the ideology an a witty way. but thats just my opinion ...

    Dec 19, 2006
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Random Newspaper Article!

    Ill agree with Dream, this was intriguing.

    Dec 19, 2006


Mariah Carey
— WFP chat in Holiday Trivia Night (2025)