User avatar

Swires

  • Fantasy Novels Re: Silver Ferride (Part 2 Now Up)

    Silver Ferride 1964 / London / Trafalgar Square Everyone remembers where they were when the American Empire declared war on the United British Colonies in 1962 , Sandly Limerick mused. ...

    Apr 6, 2008
  • Other Poetry Re: Mother's Instinct

    Submitted for publication.

    Apr 5, 2008
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: StoweAway #1

    The technicalities are in most need of development ::He was elected as the Supreme Judge of London in the primitive seventeenth century This would mean he was elected judge in ...

    Mar 24, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: NIGHT OF THE WINGS

    Underlines are my comments. Emboldened words are my suggested changes. [s]Strikes are words you should get rid of.[/s] Crouching atop one of the spires of a great cathedral I surveyed ...

    Oct 29, 2007
  • Fanfiction Short Stories Re: An extract from book 3 of the Inheritance trilogy

    There a better authors on YWS than Paolini, and this extract proves it. Why not just read LOTR twice and have done with it, because thats what Mister P has ...

    Oct 28, 2007
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Sonnestein

    Ok, this looks like a Prologue to me. It was beautifully written, Sonnestein had a clear voice, and - great name by the way :). I really like your personal ...

    Oct 28, 2007
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Phoenix, ch. 1

    I stood on the cliff, drenching wet, waiting for dawn to come. The sun, coward that he was, wouldn't show his face. The syntax has already been picked upon. Its ...

    Oct 28, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: What do you like to see in a book?

    I agree. The story is only as good as its writer. Any idea can be taken, yes even cliches and crafted into something original and refreshing. I'm going to use ...

    Oct 28, 2007
  • NovMo Archives Re: What's your NaNo 2007 about?

    Title: Clasir's Engine Genre: Literary Fiction Summery: When Ross Brian, a weird little boy finds his Lego creation smashed he thumps his sister, the culprit and runs to the bathroom ...

    Oct 28, 2007
  • Writers Corner Re: xx.I wandered lonely as a cloud;;

    [size=large] xx.I wandered lonely as a cloud;; [/size] Clasir's Engine My current baby. Not sure if it will be a novella/novel/short just yet I'm taking it as it comes. Its ...

    Oct 28, 2007
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Journey's Dawn~Chapter 1

    I disagree about splitting this into two. Chapters can contain many, many scenes. YOu have two scenes in this chapter - there is nothing wrong with that. They would be ...

    Oct 28, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Stephen King No Plot Debate

    Ok, most writers know that one of the most prominent authors of modern novels, Stephen King does not plot. He compares a story to excavating a fossil and that using ...

    Oct 27, 2007
  • Media Reviews Re: 1984 by George Orwell

    Orwell wrote "Animal Farm", not "Animal House" lol. Btw... Orwell wasn't a communist, I think you should know by both his books that he was critical of communist societies yet ...

    Oct 27, 2007
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Journey's Dawn~Chapter 1

    >> Ok, some nice improvements to Elayna, much more poetic and descriptive. SHe is now more credible as a character. However - not sure aboutt he credibility of a Finch ...

    Oct 27, 2007
  • Media Reviews Re: 1984 by George Orwell

    Like many great books Orwell's style was a little draggy and fat. However the story as a piece of speculative fiction was nothing short of a masterpiece.

    Oct 26, 2007


Why can't I put the entire Bee Movie in the quote generator? Would you prefer if I put in the Shrek script instead?
— CaptainJack