User avatar

Swires

  • Lyric Poetry Re: consolation

    well its short and nice actually. I enjoyed it immensly even if it only took me 5 seconds to read it. Although I found it quite random, how is sorrow ...

    Dec 22, 2006
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: David’s Lament

    David’s Lament The soldiers massacred, leaders have fallen, Do not speak about our loss, Do not make the foe rejoice. May Gilboa’s land be always wasted, For good soldiers have ...

    Dec 22, 2006
  • Narrative Poetry Re: The End Ward

    Anyone else, This is the thrid poem I've written so feel free to rip it to shreds.

    Dec 22, 2006
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Sade's Folly

    And pulled the knife out of her chest, >> It would read better as And pulled the knife from her chest >>It just breaks up the difficult flow of that ...

    Dec 22, 2006
  • Media Reviews Re: Harry Potter & Inheritance- Opinions Wanted!!

    1. Eragon or Harry (as heroes)? Harry Potter 2. Galbatorix or Lord Voldemort (as villains)? Voldy, Galbatorix has no real aims and is a mere overtone of the books as ...

    Dec 22, 2006
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Poorly Kept Girl

    A young boy threw a stone at the creature’s head and It began to cry, a long and mournful howl like a lone wolf. Can something cry a howl? It ...

    Dec 22, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: romance

    lol, I was just joking which no one would have picked up on as I didn't include a "lol". Take the idea BUT, if you ever publish just remember where ...

    Dec 22, 2006
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Elemental

    SpeedDemon, welcome to the site however your crit was of minimal value. If you like a piece you must say why in terms of flow, characters, plot, world building and ...

    Dec 21, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: romance

    OK, but you cant publish it because its my idea and I have evidence that it is because of this forum so if it ever hits the shelves I can ...

    Dec 21, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: romance

    OK, Its no use us giving you a story line. I can think of a thousand story lines and apply them to romance however many may not be very good ...

    Dec 21, 2006
  • Welcome Mat Re: Convents, Lesbians and Electric Toothbrushes

    Welcome to the site. I didnt know that all girl schools had that stigma attached to them??? Im confused. We have another Brit on our hands Jack, all hell will ...

    Dec 21, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Working Backwards

    Thankyou myth. I think Ill write the beginning then the end and then do the middle.

    Dec 21, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Working Backwards

    Well I usually write 20K in chronological order, get boeard and toss it to one side. I have done this with many ideas. Its mainly because I dont know where ...

    Dec 21, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Working Backwards

    Yes, I thought that after I posted. It might be worth writing the last 10 thousand words and the first then do the middle. I hate middles with a passion.

    Dec 21, 2006
  • Writing Activities Re: Character Answer Game

    Why share? If people are too lazy to work for what they have then they must die. ~Judge of Blesser town. what I have i share in return for more ...

    Dec 21, 2006


There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are.
— W. Somerset Maugham