User avatar

Swires

  • Fantasy Novels Re: Opus Irae

    You fell into the trap that I made with one of my stories. This whole thing is purple. By purple I mead over and unnecessarily description. You use pretty words ...

    Dec 23, 2006
  • Other Poetry Re: The Night to remember

    I dont like this is all. - It does not flow -It does not digest well -It has little imagery in -There is no soul in this piece -What arte ...

    Dec 23, 2006
  • Other Poetry Re: Age is Not Death

    Thankyou for the critique. Reading it again it translates to utter rubbish. I agree, this is a terrible poem but what could I expect from myself - its the third ...

    Dec 23, 2006
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Gammahydroxybutyrate

    This poem is perhaps one of my favourites on YWS. I love how you make the rape scene so beautiful with the words "lullyby" and light, sweet imagery. I adore ...

    Dec 23, 2006
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: The Grampians

    I understood this poem but it seemed like two different poems put togther. The first two verses you discuss the kangaroo tails. For the second two you move onto your ...

    Dec 23, 2006
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Going Out After Love

    This was a beautifully constructed poem. It has a message and theme behind it which all poems should have and the language of it reflected it. THat poem is definitely ...

    Dec 23, 2006
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Ol' Sparky

    I agree with the above critique, I enjoyed this poem immensley, it has a real macabre about it which really connected with me. Soakin' doesnt sound right and it makes ...

    Dec 23, 2006
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: David’s Lament

    I wrote it 3 years ago. Thanks for the feedback.

    Dec 23, 2006
  • Writing Activities Re: Character Answer Game

    "I do not own one, I prefer literature and to write it. Television is too influential for the minds of children" - Varzin "Greys Anatomy" - Mewiv. Do you prefer ...

    Dec 22, 2006
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: A picture

    Ok: :arrow: The Grammar is awful, as Prissy said, read it allowed. You need to correct your tenses. :arrow: YWS critiques actual work, not spontaneous paragraphs with no characters, plot ...

    Dec 22, 2006
  • Lyric Poetry Re: consolation

    Yes I thought it could be that afterwards. I too enjoyed wingless spine - it did seem very angelic.

    Dec 22, 2006
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Fantasy

    Ok. Wheres the conflict? There doesnt seem to be any conflict, plot or character motives throughout the piece and thus it lacks in view point. THe piece seems to be ...

    Dec 22, 2006
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Sade's Folly

    Ive just done a google of it and it doesnt appear to be any different. Stanzas and verses are the same, being English I probably call them verses because of ...

    Dec 22, 2006
  • Other Poetry Re: Age is Not Death

    Age is not death but growth, It nobles and mystifies one With scars of mar and flight of sons Growth is not life but decay, It wrinkles and withers you ...

    Dec 22, 2006
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Butterflies

    I also enjoyed this and agree witht he imagery of butterflies, its actually a sweet little poem. You are a little poetry chick you are. I like most of your ...

    Dec 22, 2006


So verily with the hardship, there is a relief, verily with the hardship, there is a relief.
— Quran Ch 94:5-6