User avatar

Swires

  • Other Poetry Re: Someone

    Sorry, I misread "rhythm" for rhyme. And the poem seemed vague to me - but thats my opinion.

    Dec 29, 2006
  • Art & Photography Re: My Icons

    Rows 1 and 2 are my favourites, they are quite nice yes.

    Dec 29, 2006
  • Poetry Discussion Re: who's/what's your fav poet or poetry

    Seamus Heaney is a poet that I like and especially Mid-Term break.

    Dec 29, 2006
  • Poetry Discussion Re: Must a poem have meaning?

    Ill be different and give a short answer: Yes. A Poem does have to have meaning. A nonsense poem also has meaning - The Jabberwocky makes perfect sense because of ...

    Dec 29, 2006
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Silent and Deadly

    A little random for my liking. However I did like the structure of it. The last verse was a tad cheesy for my liking :)

    Dec 29, 2006
  • Lyric Poetry Re: addiction

    Mmm.. Im going to be the devils advocate - I didnt like it. To me the second verse did not make sense at all. I don't understand why Pathetic Fallacy ...

    Dec 29, 2006
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: How I feel.

    I dont know what this was trying to be, it looks more like prose yet reads like bull to be honest. Im not sure where this should go. Perhaps you ...

    Dec 29, 2006
  • Other Poetry Re: Limericks

    Yes it seemed a little unflowing for a limerick. A limerick should flow perfectly and add to the humour. I didn't like the concept of it at all because it ...

    Dec 29, 2006
  • Other Poetry Re: the children of philosophy

    inspiration marinates this land in a thin glaze of honey wine and the nectar of old gods; across the fresh Aegean blue, heroes from the distant past are calling, thrumming ...

    Dec 29, 2006
  • Other Poetry Re: They Say

    You go through life easily, As gracefully as a swan, Never doubting in good fortune, Which never ceases to come With the grace of a swan -- sounds better as ...

    Dec 29, 2006
  • Other Poetry Re: Someone

    Your first effort was a good try. Try using some rhyming words.Try to put some rythme into ur makes ur poem sound good. I liked the way the poem ended. ...

    Dec 29, 2006
  • Other Poetry Re: Mesopotamia

    I also disagree with Chandi, I liked the "all" in there as well. I liked this poem and the meaning it had and it was a pleasant read.

    Dec 29, 2006
  • Art & Photography Re: Natural Photography

    The purple in the first one is...very beautiful, its a nice capture of nature :-D It's impressive you got those bugs to be so still, ha ha ha. And, the ...

    Dec 28, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Evolving Your Alien Species

    Nice tips, you could apply the same techniques to fantastical creatures - like different types of dragons etc... and how they evolved differently to each other. For example Dragon species ...

    Dec 28, 2006
  • Fantasy Novels Re: The Queen's Family - chapter one

    " Thank you very much for taking your time and reading this. I'm open to suggestions, but please have mercy with the critics" - Why? How on earth can you ...

    Dec 28, 2006


A person is a fool to become a writer. His only compensation is absolute freedom. He has no master except his own soul, and that, I am sure, is why he does it.
— Roald Dahl