User avatar

Swires

  • Other Poetry Re: A New Awakening

    Mmm.. This isnt as good as your others, I didnt really see any meaning behind it and it was perhaps too short to captivate me. I thought this one was ...

    Dec 31, 2006
  • Other Poetry Re: Faith

    What is faith? Is it what we see, know, hear, feel, or believe? I like the one word lines here but I arnt sure if the commas are necessary, it ...

    Dec 31, 2006
  • Other Poetry Re: Haiku's

    Im not a Haiku fan as it is and these just reiterate my dislike. They dont really make sense and are rather vague in the sense that some lines are ...

    Dec 31, 2006
  • Information Desk Archive Re: Featured Member: 12/30/06- 1/13/07

    YAY - Me is fifth!

    Dec 31, 2006
  • Welcome Mat Re: Hello

    Im also available for any problems you may have. If you write Fantasy then just PM me and Ill come and leave some feedback on your work. Enjoy it here.

    Dec 31, 2006
  • Welcome Mat Re: Greetings!

    Hi there and welcome to YWS, enjoy your stay and remember that critiquing other peoples work is helpful.

    Dec 31, 2006
  • Welcome Mat Re: new

    Ill be normal: Hi :)

    Dec 31, 2006
  • Welcome Mat Re: Hello

    As far as I know every single member on YWS is an amateur in the sense that they don't write for money.... Yes we do have some excellent critiques - ...

    Dec 31, 2006
  • Welcome Mat Re: new here

    Hi there. You can learn more from reading and reviewing other's work. So go into what you like to read and start reviewing some work.

    Dec 31, 2006
  • Fantasy Novels Re: A Beaten Path

    Sorry, Ive just picked up on something. You arnt legally aloud to be on this forum if you are any less in age than 13 in accordance with COPPA protection ...

    Dec 31, 2006
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Dangerous in Numbers - Lethal Alone

    Format into paragraphs, proofread then I shall return.

    Dec 31, 2006
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Eyes of Elves

    I suggest you read out this aloud in order to correct mistakes. And also - why a paragraph? It is impossible to get any sort of essence of character or ...

    Dec 31, 2006
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Faithful

    sorry, I need to rephrase. A story, by my own definition is a tale of what has happened in the past and the writer is retelling it. Thus, it would ...

    Dec 30, 2006
  • Fantasy Novels Re: *Extract*

    Yes, Example 2 is a modern piece of mine, It was a little back history in story form, I am still playing around with characters for my newest project.

    Dec 30, 2006
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Wilf

    Im just going to disagree slightly. -Don't start your sentences with 'but'. Why not? Example 1 Running through the tunnels, Derren brandished his torch-light and used a little magic to ...

    Dec 30, 2006


Russets and tangerine shades of old gold flushing the very outside edge of the senses ... deep shining ochres, burnt umber and parchments of baked earth—reflecting on itself and through itself, filtering the light.
— Guildenstern (Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead by Tom Stoppard)