User avatar

Swires

  • Welcome Mat Re: Hi

    Hello there, well first you post an intro lol. Then, and most importantly you will want to head over to the "Literary" section and read some peoples work and give ...

    Dec 31, 2006
  • Action/Adventure Short Stories Re: innocence

    Alright first of all, GREAT story. I thought it was one of the best things I've ever read. I was sad too. In the end. Second, you might need to ...

    Dec 31, 2006
  • General Fiction Novels Re: A Picture Is Worth 1,000 Words

    She bled to death. It depends in what context. She bled to death is fine if you are saying that the woman is now dead and she died through bleeding. ...

    Dec 31, 2006
  • Fantasy Novels Re: The Queen's Family - chapter two // diary

    Yes, the first paragraph needs work. At the moment it isnt really pulling the reader into the chapter. My parents died when I was three, so I barely remember them, ...

    Dec 31, 2006
  • Fantasy Novels Re: A Beaten Path

    Which they have to fax through to Nathanial Monkey.

    Dec 31, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Writers Block

    Some useful Links: However in answer to your question, the simple answer is: read and write(something different).

    Dec 31, 2006
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Towers of Souls

    Thankyou for all your tips, I agree with everything said - I shall butcher this at a later date, I may make this a 20k novella, I cant see it ...

    Dec 31, 2006
  • Fanfiction Short Stories Re: CSI fanfiction

    I'm curious to where this is going. This seems really short, and the ending is really abrupt. What's going to happen once they get to Grissom's office? What exactly is ...

    Dec 31, 2006
  • Lounge, The Re: Boy in Delhi eaten by herd of pigs.

    Thats actually made me feel sick.

    Dec 31, 2006
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: My life was changed forever...

    As I stepped into the road, I turned and looked at my boyfriend of 3 months - Alex. That's when the car hit me. That's when my life changed forever. ...

    Dec 31, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: reading

    In No Particular order 1 The High Lord 2 The Novice 3 The Magician's Guild 4 Priestess of the White 5 Talyn - Holly Lisle 6 HP and the Half ...

    Dec 31, 2006
  • General Fiction Novels Re: Fissures of the Earth.

    Yes, the prologue needs to be axed and turned into an appendix or a library of terms. Chapter one seemed to be an info dump - this reads more like ...

    Dec 31, 2006
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Wilf

    I see we have a difference of opinion. Not that it really matters either way, I was just giving an example to say that But is ok in some senses.

    Dec 31, 2006
  • General Fiction Novels Re: A Picture Is Worth 1,000 Words

    This was indeed a piece of quality work which I enjoyed as much as Griffin above. One thing I do notice is your reluctance to use "said". Said is a ...

    Dec 31, 2006
  • Other Re: Christmas

    This was amusing yes but I arnt sure whether the content was good enough to get laughs. I didn't laugh but I can see the humour in the content - ...

    Dec 31, 2006


For a short space of time I remained at the window watching the pallid lightnings that played above Mont Blanc and listening to the rushing of the Arve, which pursued its noise way beneath. The same lulling sounds acted as a lullaby to my too keen sensations; when I placed my head upon my pillow, sleep crept over me; I felt it as it came and blessed the giver of oblivion.
— Mary Shelley, Frankenstein