User avatar

Swires

  • Historical Fiction Short Stories Re: Rufus

    Some of this may have been said, I skimmed the other feedbacks. You use "spots" in Lucia's speech. I think "places" or other word would sound better. Also "dumbly" is ...

    Jan 1, 2007
  • Other Poetry Re: The Waves

    It wasnt very poetic or contain much imagery. However it reminded me of a Hobbit song from LOTR. It was ok I guess for its genre although not my personal ...

    Jan 1, 2007
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Sleeping Fairgrounds

    Yes, I too like the idea of describing the fair rides as more warn out. WHen I began the poem I expected creepy (because empty fairgrounds are). But I was ...

    Jan 1, 2007
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Pictures Tell My Story

    Again I reiterate - start was good. End needed work. The last verse was a little bland for my liking and could have been made more poetic.

    Jan 1, 2007
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Eraser Shavings

    It didnt seem deep enough. You could have made it all ironic by making the maggots and parasites move elegantly etc... But you didnt. It was rather simple and depressing ...

    Jan 1, 2007
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Lonely

    Yes, I think everything has been said here. I actually liked the ending, I thought it was a nice way to end a poem. I liked the structure, especially the ...

    Jan 1, 2007
  • Lyric Poetry Re: This Was Beauty (When Women Wore Curves)

    I didn't like it either. It seemed to not flow, I didn't get the meaning of it and it was a little repetitive.

    Jan 1, 2007
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Souvenirs

    Yes a nice poem and I agree with Claudette. The description makes the persons seem fat in which the jeans dont fit. I would change the word "bubbled" to something ...

    Jan 1, 2007
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Child

    Yes a creepy yet wonderfully written poem. I second Fand - it may be good to go into the narrator at some point.

    Jan 1, 2007
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Love in the Crossroads

    I think you have sacrificed all meaning and notion of the poem for the rhyme meter. And then returned there never more It just doesnt make sense because you have ...

    Jan 1, 2007
  • Lounge, The Re: Age limit on smoking raised to 18 in UK

    We already knew about the July thing last July. And its a good idea - smoking is a serious, serious health hazard to those who do it and those who ...

    Jan 1, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Writers Block

    They are some good tips - I never really get writers block as such. I normally just get bored with a story which is different. In which case the characters ...

    Jan 1, 2007
  • Welcome Mat Re: Hey

    Pullman is the only author Im familiar with on your list. Im guessing you are a fantasy writer. Welcome aboard.

    Jan 1, 2007
  • Welcome Mat Re: new here

    Yes - everyone starts bad, some continue to be bad lol, but thats another story. (a long story of people not listening to crits and being general idiots). Anyway, welcome ...

    Jan 1, 2007
  • Welcome Mat Re: Hiya! I'm new around here.

    Happy New Year. Also you may want to crit some other peoples work before posting your own work - critiqueing helps muchly. Welcome aboard.

    Jan 1, 2007


Always do what you are afraid to do.
— E. Lockhart, We Were Liars