User avatar

Swires

  • Other Poetry Re: Doctor who poem...

    It seems again rhyme is destroying the poetic flow of the entire poem. Take out the rhyme and start over.

    Jan 1, 2007
  • Other Poetry Re: Haiku: Insanity

    Nice work - haiku's have limitations and you did your best considering the Haiku limits.

    Jan 1, 2007
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Real-Life Young Love

    You have fallen into many-a-poets trap. You have discarded all essence of emotion, story etc.. for a rhyme scheme. Golden Rule: POEMS DO NOT HAVE TO RHYME. If you are ...

    Jan 1, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Influences?

    Everyone's going to hate me for saying it, but the Harry Potter series were the first books that actually inspired me to write and to try writing. As for other ...

    Jan 1, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: What are you reading at the moment?

    Lord of the Rings, The Fellowship of The Rings (Im giving it a try) Last of the Wilds (Trudi Canavan) The Dark Tower Series (Stephen King)

    Jan 1, 2007
  • General Articles Re: Sex and the City mini-review

    .... This should go into the Lounge. Non-Fiction is for essays or dissertations.

    Jan 1, 2007
  • General Articles Re: Death Penalty

    Jenna my dear you are write. This should go in the lounge or Debate Group.

    Jan 1, 2007
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Arch Angels

    Why dont people read m'dear? --- This belongs in fiction. Click "Literary" at the top and then go into your specified genre. Thank you, Mr Adam Alcock, The Purple Balloon ...

    Jan 1, 2007
  • Fantasy Novels Re: The Queen's Family - chapter two // diary

    Ive just noticed a spelling error. "Memories" not "memmories". (L2 P2)

    Jan 1, 2007
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Chapter One - No title yet...fantasy action fiction

    At last. He'd thought it would never come...yet here it was. The magic was overtaking him. I don't like your beginning. You begin with a fragment that doesn't have effect. ...

    Jan 1, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Ending

    I dont hate endings at all. I like to finish a story to see how it ends. Then I move on and read another 50 books then I can go ...

    Jan 1, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Typing or handwritten?

    Typing all the way - Hand written just isn't practical and I tend to write pathetically when I hand write. I don't know why but I read it and nothing ...

    Jan 1, 2007
  • Art & Photography Re: Gnome! Gnome!

    The axe head doesnt really join onto the handle. Otherwise excellent - are these totally drawn with a graphics tablet? YAY 800th Post

    Jan 1, 2007
  • Art & Photography Re: Brad Returns with Better Artwork (and more shame!)

    Wow - Nice work. shoddy critique but I know nothing about art. THey look great!

    Jan 1, 2007
  • Historical Fiction Short Stories Re: Adrianople

    You may want to add formatting so you get more critiques. i.e. space paragraphs.

    Jan 1, 2007


A true poet does not bother to be poetical. Nor does a nursery gardener scent his roses.
— Jean Cocteau