User avatar

Swires

  • Lounge, The Re: Age limit on smoking raised to 18 in UK

    // well, it doesn't affect me since I don't live in the UK and am already over 18. However, if one or both of those were different I might be ...

    Jan 2, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Evolving Your Alien Species

    Yes, birds have hollow bones, human bones arnt hollow because evolution and adaptation dictates that we need stronger bones to survive.

    Jan 2, 2007
  • Official Polls Re: Who Do You Like More?

    Bond....

    Jan 2, 2007
  • Information Desk Archive Re: January 2007 issue of Squills is Up!

    looks good, reads better!

    Jan 2, 2007
  • Questions and Answers Re: Ask a question here (or start a new topic!)

    Basically if your work contains sex or violence then rate it R to be safe. Although I cannot find a guide explaining the ratings...

    Jan 2, 2007
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: The Face

    Chad looked around nervously. Still groggy from the sedative, he blinked and looked around to get his bearings. You've told us he looked around twice here. Repetition is boring in ...

    Jan 2, 2007
  • Poetry Discussion Re: Carol Ann Duffy or Simon Armitage?

    Im not familier with these - we do Heaney and Clarke.

    Jan 2, 2007
  • Narrative Poetry Re: "Betrayal of Caesar.”

    It seemed a little forced rhyming... I don't know what I'm talking about lol ... it and spirit are half-rhymes really. I just arnt sure, it just seemed a little ...

    Jan 2, 2007
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Rumors 'bout Mr. Brown

    mmm... I think you have fallen into "Poet's Pit". Sacrificing meaning of the poem just for the rhyme scheme. You don't have to have rhyming poetry, take the rhyme out ...

    Jan 2, 2007
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Another Imagined Infidelity

    A nice poem, i arnt too sure of its meaning or purpose but I thought it was well constructed. I liked the last line as much as the rest of ...

    Jan 2, 2007
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Scall's Magic

    Thanks everyone for the critiques. I shall whip up the grammar point everyone pointed out and update it. I think theres one thing I need to justify: his hands looked ...

    Jan 2, 2007
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Real-Life Young Love

    Well it was just my opinion - I didn't expect it to lead to a war lol. (sounds like iraq all over again). Prokayote - Feel free to disagree with ...

    Jan 1, 2007
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Scall's Magic

    Ok, this is the first part of Derren's story. I am having different stories of the characters and tying them together at the end of the middle or at the ...

    Jan 1, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: 6 Word Stories

    Power shook him, he was magical. Ok - Im terrible at these lol :)

    Jan 1, 2007
  • Other Poetry Re: Limericks

    Example: There was an old man from cheadle, Who slid through the eye of a needle, They thought he was cute, When he tooted his flute, But many thought it ...

    Jan 1, 2007


I was flummoxed by fractious Franny's decision to abrogate analgesics for the moribund victims of the recent conflagration. Of course, to display histrionics was discretionary, but I did so anyways, implicating a friend in my drama to make the effect cumulative. I think a misanthrope would have a prosaic appellation, perhaps one related to autonomy and the rejection of anthropocentrism. I think they wouldn't think much of the prominence of watching the coagulation of tea to prognosticate future malevolent events, not even if those events were related to jurisprudence.
— Spearmint