User avatar

Swires

  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: In My Arms

    Ok, tabris and myself excluded - this is a poor show of critiques. Come on guys, why were you confused? What did you like, what didnt you like? Your comments ...

    Jan 17, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Getting Better or Not?

    Actually your question is rather ambigous, because the more your write and concentrate on writing you are technically also aging as you do that. I agree with a few others: ...

    Jan 17, 2007
  • Science-Fiction Novels Re: Worlds of Simplicity

    The beginning - I neither liked nor disliked to be honest. However "had had" is awkward. Perhaps, "drank with dinner" ? However, you do seem to blab on about the ...

    Jan 17, 2007
  • Fantasy Novels Re: The Assassin King pt. 3

    Nice, I remember reading some of your other stuff. A few things # You use speech tags too often. Dont be afraid of "said" - said is your best friend. ...

    Jan 17, 2007
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Alagore chapter one

    As he inhaled the bitter-sweet air only smelt while sailing atop the beautiful blue ocean, Roger Greenfield knew he was one with the sea. He belonged on the S.S. Marie-anne ...

    Jan 17, 2007
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: This Piano Is Not For Sale

    I'm going to second Tim - not really a brilliant poem, I wasn't captivated by it. The topic was vague like the majority of poem and it didn't quite "work"

    Jan 17, 2007
  • Writers Corner Re: work of a bird

    Fantasy Fiction and Science Fiction respectively in the order that gyr mentioned. You are a great writer - churn out a story and get something published. I really believe you ...

    Jan 16, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: Dares

    I loooove NaNoWriMo!! (Didn't finish this year though.. *pout* But hey, I got 18000 words. More than I've written before) And the dare thread just totally rocked. My dare: Write ...

    Jan 16, 2007
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Father, can I make you proud?

    A tad boring, the subject matter didnt interest me really and it was just a list of "I did this..." Also poems that and in a question dont do it ...

    Jan 16, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: Define:

    Snoink I disagree, math is not creative, it is inputting values into predefined functions in order to find values of x, y etc... Math has been done over and over ...

    Jan 16, 2007
  • Media Reviews Re: Andrzej Sapkowski, anyone?

    Havnt read, but sound intriguing.

    Jan 16, 2007
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: The Weight of His Skin

    Ok - where is the 70% from, Brad thing is if we cant understand what its about I dont think the poem works.

    Jan 16, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Nuancing Dialogue: Grammar + You

    Good article. I certainly learned a few things.

    Jan 16, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: How to stop writers block.

    Nice tip. echo $claudette;

    Jan 16, 2007
  • Writers Corner Re: Notes on FREAK

    do a one liner then a paragraph. Ive tried to give an example but I cant.

    Jan 16, 2007


Dogs love their friends and bite their enemies, quite unlike people, who are incapable of pure love and always have to mix love and hate.
— Sigmund Freud