User avatar

Swires

  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Conquering Boredom

    Quite humorous if not Random. Its not Pratchett - its more of a random fairy tale than satire. Enjoyable and funny none the less.

    Jul 29, 2007
  • Writers Corner Re: The Unfinished Works of Phorcys the Fiddle

    Ok, just a topic to keep a status check and reap advice and support from the nice nice people here. Short Stories Whore of the Wind, Girl of the Tide ...

    Jul 29, 2007
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Whore of the Wind, Girl of the Tide

    This story is a stand alone piece. Feedback of any kind is welcome, I hope you enjoy it. Whore of the Wind, Girl of the Tide The dockland was revealed ...

    Jul 29, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: The "Hero" Problem

    My longer writing sucks. I have thought and thought and thought on what the problem is and I finally have the conclusion: The Main Character or "The Hero." My villains ...

    Jul 29, 2007
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Crescent Chapter 1

    Thankyou Hunter. I'm trying this new style and seeing where it takes me. I agree with what you have said, there does need to be more showing. It is bland ...

    Jul 28, 2007
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Crescent Chapter 1

    Chapter 1 Blueman Life was cyclic, Kwin mused. He got up, he went to work, he mined, he carried, he went home and he went to bed. The routine was ...

    Jul 27, 2007
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Creation of the Crescent

    Thanks guys for your input. Ive edited a few of the points bian' made. Poltergiest, I really appreciate your comments. More feedback welcome.

    Jul 27, 2007
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Creation of the Crescent

    //* Hi everyone. This is the tale of how my fantasy world was created and the main character entered the world. I'm considering using it for a prologue, however its ...

    Jul 27, 2007
  • Media Reviews Re: Terry Pratchet

    Update: I read Interesting Times and have bought a lot of 18 off of ebay. I've read through 6 of them and now I'm a Pratchett fan. The earlier books ...

    Jul 9, 2007
  • Welcome Mat Re: One Returns

    Lol, it didn't - its a direct quotation from the Goblet of Fire film. I'm estimating its about 13 weeks though.

    Jun 25, 2007
  • Lounge, The Re: The Rebellion Begins

    Whos looking forward to the all-amazing Potter Film this summer? See all the Trailer footage here: I cant wait! :D

    Jun 25, 2007
  • Welcome Mat Re: One Returns

    13 Weeks its been, and you appear before me as if it were only yesterday. I confess myself...dissapointed. Not one of you came to find me.... Seigfried, CL, Snoink...not even ...

    Jun 25, 2007
  • Welcome Mat Re: One Returns

    Hello. I'm an old hat member of Young Writers Society. I left many moons ago, guns blazing etc... etc... Its a long story. Since I've been gone I haven't recieved ...

    Jun 25, 2007
  • Lounge, The Re: The Official Goodbye/Departure Thread

    Bye All - I'm leaving for good. Reasons shall not be discussed here. Basically - I disagree with many things and havjnt the will to continue. I said my last ...

    Feb 23, 2007
  • Welcome Mat Re: The Very Disgruntled Phorcys

    If you look around you will see my critiqueing skill are nothing short of excellent matching many others. Im sure Dream Deep, Claudette and many other members will vouch they ...

    Feb 21, 2007


Poetry comes alive to me through recitation.
— Natalie Merchant