User avatar

Swires

  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Whore of the Wind, Girl of the Tide

    Thanks for the comment, I may return to Scall's magic some day and carve it into a Novella - 30k maybe. Clean it up and cut out a load of ...

    Aug 1, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: What are you reading at the moment?

    Wormwood - GP Taylor (and what a drag it is) Harry potter DH Reread. Age of Five, voice of the Gods - Trudi Canavan

    Jul 31, 2007
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Whore of the Wind, Girl of the Tide

    Thank you for the insightful critique CCF. Ill take your points on board. Thankyou for your comments JCobsessed even though I do not agree that in such a short piece ...

    Jul 31, 2007
  • Lounge, The Re: Mac vs. PC

    The Mac The general feel of a mac is that of easiness, speed and hassle freeness. Artists, musicians, writers, movie makers and web designers generally use a mac because its ...

    Jul 31, 2007
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: something I did for english (and not for england)

    I agree with the grade given. Ok there are some flaws in the story, plenty of grammatical errors. There is little suspense, little build up. THe main problem here is ...

    Jul 31, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: The "Hero" Problem

    Ok guys, you have been really helpful and a few characters are bubbling away in my mind now. I think before I was trying to have the "good" character when ...

    Jul 30, 2007
  • Fantasy Novels Re: The Sorceror's Descendant-Prolouge:Dark beginnings

    Firstly, this kept my attention. It was interesting, very nice stylistically and the characters were satisfactory. There is one major flaw in this: the pace. We have been overwhelmed by ...

    Jul 29, 2007
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Whore of the Wind, Girl of the Tide

    Thank you everyone for your insightful comments. I'm so glad I have finally written a piece that isn't bin worthy.

    Jul 29, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: The "Hero" Problem

    Thanks for the advice, keep it comin' YWS :) Elelel - I've never looked at it like that lol. I suppose evil is subjective. This is interesting, one shall muse ...

    Jul 29, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: The "Hero" Problem

    Maybe the problem is that my main characters are bad characters? Then maybe I need tips on how to define a unique character. My main characters usually want a silly ...

    Jul 29, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Urban fantasy

    Hello there. I can give you several writing remedies to this: Remedy 1: Read urban fantasy's, they are mainly Young Adults. The Power of Five by Antony Horowitz, Harry Potter ...

    Jul 29, 2007
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: A Masterpiece in Resin

    The marbles rolled and clicked against each other as Jerry pulled open the drawer. Come on, lets get read of that nasty little word that obliterates fiction: as. Its boring. ...

    Jul 29, 2007
  • Fantasy Novels Re: A Prologue of sorts?

    Ok, some points and remedies as thats what my critique style seems to be now: :arrow: Enjoyable story, I read it to the end. Howerver - why is half of ...

    Jul 29, 2007
  • Fantasy Novels Re: My story: Prologue

    I'm not sure if the others have picked up on these but i'll stop by and add a few points. :arrow: You introduce a character and describe every part of ...

    Jul 29, 2007
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Atreyin: Chapter One

    Hello there. The main problem here, before the story can even be taken into consideration is your grammar. :arrow: Capitalising words is taboo in creative writing. As always, certain authors ...

    Jul 29, 2007


Obsessing over what you regret won't get you anywhere.
— Steggy