User avatar

Swires

  • Writing Tips Re: I need opinions.

    It could work but we would need to be totally clear on "who" was speaking. Perhaps each Chapter could begin with the character name? If you have several main characters, ...

    Jun 23, 2009
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: The Better Man

    Abel walked away from the fight. He gathered some sticks, about twelve and bashed them together. A splint shot from the sticks and into the tinder. Fire. He sat, feeling ...

    Jun 23, 2009
  • Science-Fiction Short Stories Re: When Science Escapes (Edited)

    Even the usually poker-faced and calm newsreader looked terrified. Her heart-shaped face, although liberally applied with make-up, was ashen-grey and pearly with sweat; her eyes, with mascara applied

    Apr 25, 2009
  • Science-Fiction Novels Re: Maxim (Prologue)

    He listened to her footsteps echo through the school’s empty halls. They grew louder by the second. Showtime. A fit of violent coughs escaped him and rocked his body. He ...

    Apr 25, 2009
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Redcap #2

    --I've not proof read this. I just wanted some feedback about the early parts of the story before I plow on. 2 Karl Sim knew nothing about gifts, magic or ...

    Apr 18, 2009
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Redcap #1

    That was a really good critique Dudette, exactly the feedback I was looking for. Scall's back history isn't present yet, for the first part of the story I wanted him ...

    Apr 17, 2009
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Redcap #1

    1 Scall stalked the demon like a shadow. He sat in a small coffee shop on the sixth floor of a London shopping centre, watching the six foot something, brown ...

    Apr 17, 2009
  • Other Poetry Re: Nonsensical

    Why do we do what we do, the way we do it? ##The opener is poor and little bit jarred. This universal feather becomes almost dead to us. ##I do ...

    Apr 17, 2009
  • Other Poetry Re: It Would've Been Nice to Say I Knew You

    theres ink in my blood and my heart doesnt know my minds full of thoughts ## "minds" should be "mind" since a long time ago my keyboard is bloody my ...

    Apr 17, 2009
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Shall I compare thee to a summers day?

    Again, the feedback appreciated. I know what you mean about the final couplet - it doesn't seem to flow. I'll play about with this one.

    Apr 17, 2009
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Shall I compare thee to a summers day?

    Thanks for the feedback guys. Glad you thought it was beautiful. :)

    Apr 16, 2009
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Shall I compare thee to a summers day?

    Shall I compare thee to a summers day? Or not - because you are like a thunderstorm: Moody as bruised clouds that are swollen, grey; Unpredictable as lightning which forks ...

    Apr 13, 2009
  • Scripts Re: Fratricide

    Thanks for the comments guys :)

    Apr 7, 2009
  • Scripts Re: Fratricide

    Ok, this started out as a short story but it worked way better as a 10 minute play. Its a quirky little piece, feedback is appreciated.

    Feb 14, 2009
  • Media Reviews Re: 'To Kill a Mockingbird'

    Wonderful. Wonderful. WONDERFUL novel. I think Atticus is probably one of the greatest characters in literature. A cross-section of racial history interwoven with a journey into adulthood. Lightning p

    Jan 19, 2009


The simple truth is that authors like making people squirm. If this weren't the case, all novels would be filled completely with cute bunnies having birthday parties.
— Brandon Sanderson, Alcatraz Versus the Evil Librarians