User avatar

Swires

  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: I don't think this can have a title-any suggestions?

    Yeah, Im with TBR, I dont really get the piece.

    Feb 18, 2006
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Evil Armada (2)

    What an improvement! :D Evil Armadda(SP?) 2 is much better written than the first. Youve slowed the pace slightly which is good. A few points: 1) Instead of saying "The ...

    Feb 18, 2006
  • Fantasy Novels Re: The Boatman [Chapter 1]

    Thanks snoink, you have some great points, its true, the man seems a bit like a cardboard cut out lol. I arnt sure what yuu mean by the prologue, you ...

    Feb 18, 2006
  • Lounge, The Re: When Englishness becomes Britishness

    right......GOD SAVE OUR GRACIOUS QUEEN. Sorry lol. Yes I am patriotic about our unique identity as English People with in the British Isles.

    Feb 17, 2006
  • Fantasy Novels Re: The Boatman [Chapter 1]

    Thats the answer I was looking for , thanks Twighlight. The time period isnt been given away until the second chapter. I was thinking the main story line could be ...

    Feb 17, 2006
  • Fantasy Novels Re: The Boatman [Chapter 1]

    LOL! I meant as in history, ie Medieval etc.... Sorry I am tired and my words are coming uto rwong LOL!

    Feb 17, 2006
  • Fantasy Novels Re: The Boatman [Chapter 1]

    Well you could say that. His entire pupose is really to symbolise death and murder, or at least what I hope he symbolises. You could say he is grim-reaper like, ...

    Feb 17, 2006
  • Fantasy Novels Re: The Boatman [Chapter 1]

    Thanks torpid. Anyone else, I need some ideas for a better title for it as well. I am really getting ideas for this and may use it to start the ...

    Feb 17, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Top 5 Worst Books You Ever Read

    5) Hrry Potter...the first 4 books. Although the last two are ok if I'm in the right mood. Rowling isn't a writer, she's a story teller, and not a very ...

    Feb 17, 2006
  • Lounge, The Re: When Englishness becomes Britishness

    I say there is need for a song..... Land of Hope and Glory Mother of the Free How shall we extol thee Who are born of thee? Wider still and ...

    Feb 17, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Help With Planning

    I can write short stories no problem. Novels are a different matter, I tried to write one some time ago and it just ran out of stea half way through ...

    Feb 17, 2006
  • General Fiction Novels Re: Why Ch. 6

    Well Ive been reading all your chapters of the story and I have to say its coming along swimmingly well. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it and its very abstract. I ...

    Feb 17, 2006
  • General Fiction Novels Re: Shadow (1, 2 and 3)

    When I post I give reviews, general comments and a few suggestions to make the story better. Snoink gives a critique in which he analyses everything in order to make ...

    Feb 17, 2006
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Hidden Worlds- Prologue

    Nice story some good description. Nice, powerful ending. My only crit is that there were maybe a few cliches in there: Glistening mountains of crystal It just seems to be ...

    Feb 17, 2006
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Prologue

    Some writers prefer the pen though because it allows them a few more seconds to select the right words and descriptions before they right, CHris Paolini (Author of Eragon, Eldest) ...

    Feb 17, 2006


Depression is messin with the wrong person over here cuz in the months that I was doing better I was sharpening my weapons for this war.
— Kaia