User avatar

Swires

  • Historical Fiction Short Stories Re: Could it be? Hehe, Hourglass!

    I just dont get the whole present tense thing. I just dont know....

    Feb 19, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: how do i draw the reader in...?

    Id say the simplest answer would be to add lots of twists and turns, cliffhangers on the end of chapters to make the reader want to find out what is ...

    Feb 19, 2006
  • Fantasy Novels Re: The Boatman [Chapter 2] -UPDATED

    Chapter 1: The Boatman[Chapter 2] Echoes of drums filled the city streets as trumpets sounded and rattled city life into a vortex of cheers and salvation. The parade marched onwards ...

    Feb 19, 2006
  • General Fiction Novels Re: Moved: Future Faded Chapter 1

    Space the paragraphs and ill come and crit.

    Feb 19, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Top 5 Worst Books You Ever Read

    Some of you have horrible taste-the worst examples is your hate of mice and men and WATERSHIP DOWN . That is one of the best books EVER written!!!! Read it ...

    Feb 19, 2006
  • Fantasy Novels Re: The Boatman [Chapter 1]

    Right, I think a 3rd Person rewrite is needed. There isnt a great lot that needs changing reading it over. Thanks for the crits guys!

    Feb 19, 2006
  • General Fiction Novels Re: Why Ch. 7

    Nice story, I am enjoying this tale. Not a great lot of description but great story all the same.

    Feb 18, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Top 5 Worst Books You Ever Read

    Harry Potter is the best book series of all time! I honestly can't figure out what is wrong with you people who don't like it. Totally Agreed :D

    Feb 18, 2006
  • Lounge, The Re: Gray or Grey?

    If we are argueing which is more correct I would say "grey" was as it is the original spelling. American English is merely a simplified version of UK English.

    Feb 18, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Top 5 Worst Books You Ever Read

    The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime by Mark Haddon. Shut up. I know the new age emo contemporary lit crowd is going to hate me for this ...

    Feb 18, 2006
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Evil Armada (2)

    Yeah I just used my example to demonstrate a mini combat and senses. But thats good.

    Feb 18, 2006
  • Randomosity Archive Re: my response to griffinkeepers PM/ goodbye

    Taking sides and argueing something that really has nothing to do with you is wrong. Snoink just critted my piece, I am grateful for it and it really helped for ...

    Feb 18, 2006
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Evil Armada (2)

    I think a battle scene would be good, but home in on a battle with 2 people(your characters) as opposed to just describing the tactics. Describe the senses as well ...

    Feb 18, 2006
  • Research Re: study tips

    What area in writing, research, mulling over, planning, plotting, procrastination(sp?), checking, reviewing, revising....the list is endless.

    Feb 18, 2006
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Waiting

    *SLAPS* Your life isnt over! :D To combat it look at your plot, where do you think it is going, what is going to happen to your characters. Make a ...

    Feb 18, 2006


Follow your inner moonlight; don't hide the madness
— Allen Ginsburg