User avatar

Swires

  • Fantasy Novels Re: Faeid (part III)

    I liked it, although Ive noticed your glossary which I arnt a fan of, Ive never liked a glossary really, I like everything explained through speech, but I guess something ...

    Mar 9, 2006
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Daffy Duck Did It(Challenge 3/6)

    I should've known it was Daffy Duck all along. Those black eyes, pinholes in a blanket of white; the black coat, a symbol of darkness and a shining bill, the ...

    Mar 9, 2006
  • Fantasy Novels Re: The Boatman [Chapter 4]

    Chapter 4 Isabel peered out of a thin crack through the curtains of her golden carrier. IT was night. The fountains in the palace gardens trickled bead’s of pristine water ...

    Mar 9, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Favourite Fantasy Writer

    Its got to be JK Rowling, the plot shes weaved is genius

    Mar 9, 2006
  • Information Desk Archive Re: Fanfiction Forum Added March 7, 2006

    But in the end no matter how well written they are they cant possibley know about the canon characters as much as the real author, no the world they are ...

    Mar 9, 2006
  • Information Desk Archive Re: Fanfiction Forum Added March 7, 2006

    I still think fanfictions are unoriginal and have yet to read a good one yet, they simply dont compare with the original no matter how good the writer is. We'll ...

    Mar 8, 2006
  • Information Desk Archive Re: Fanfiction Forum Added March 7, 2006

    Im not a big fanfic fan, mainly because it detracts from the original story because the writer will never do it in the novelists style. I also think that it ...

    Mar 8, 2006
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Faeid (part II; edited)

    I found this ok, but some of teh workding and how you have phrased thing seems a little copmplex and confusing. I cant place my finger on a phrase, it ...

    Mar 7, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Back in Time Scenes

    Those who have read the boatman will know it starts out as a first person story, of someone who gets killed. I was wondering if I could have several scenes ...

    Mar 6, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Gender

    ditto. Observation, write about those who know, what mannerisms do they have? is this apparant in most men? Whats there voice like? etc...

    Mar 6, 2006
  • Action/Adventure Novels Re: Clockword Terror (Need better name if you can think of one)

    Nice story, I like the last line and it makes me want to carry on reading, the grammar is a little messy for example on the last line you missed ...

    Mar 6, 2006
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Magics : Prologue

    [pre]This was very good, you used good dramatic timing. For example, the one word paragraph "Poison." That alone actually drew me in to continue reading. Some things were a little ...

    Mar 6, 2006
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Jonathan Sprite

    I liked this apart from the ending, it seems a little cliched to me.

    Mar 6, 2006
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Chains and Deals I

    Good, interesting and I want to find out more.

    Mar 5, 2006
  • Writing Activities Re: Character Answer Game

    "I like to hide behind corners and throw pebbles at the nobles as they walk past, I used to do it with Verole before he died" WHat sports do you ...

    Mar 4, 2006


Anxiety is the dizziness of freedom.
— Søren Kierkegaard