User avatar

Swires

  • Information Desk Archive Re: Friends Management, or how I learned to stop hating and love

    I dont really understand the use of it either.

    Apr 20, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: A Big Book Of Characters

    This may work for all the plot driven/world driven writers more effectively that people who are great at inventing characters. I basically, have a standard excersise book, on the front ...

    Apr 20, 2006
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Oracle's Possession (Under Major Rewrite)

    So do you want the whole story critted from your first post to the end?

    Apr 20, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Analyzing those characters -

    Great tip fishr!

    Apr 20, 2006
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: "The Creation of Adam"

    I felt this was crafted well in the way that it includes all the information about Michelangelo. However I felt the opening was poor: James Lander woke up sleepy one ...

    Apr 20, 2006
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: [Character Sketch] Rum Tawney

    Yes lol! Rum is supposed to be an utter annoyance. Yes a semi-colon would go better there but I have a tendancy not to use them to spite MS Word ...

    Apr 19, 2006
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: [Character Sketch] Masus

    Part 2: Masus, forgetting about the days wounds found strength, a new courage that could stare death in the face and command it with the lifting of a finger. He ...

    Apr 19, 2006
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: [Character Sketch] Masus

    Thankyou Kay, Ill be extending this when the time comes to include it in my main draft, I agree with everything you said, it is a little rushed at the ...

    Apr 19, 2006
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: [Character Sketch] Masus

    Masus fell to the ground causing bruises to bubble on his greasy skin. The jeers of laughing children howled over him as feet forwarded and added to the mass of ...

    Apr 19, 2006
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: [Character Sketch] Rum Tawney

    [Right i quickly did this in Notepad so excuse the spelling errors etc... Its a character sketch for a character that I havn't really thought about and he is fairly ...

    Apr 19, 2006
  • Lounge, The Re: Publishing

    Possibley that may be the way to go. What sort of word count are these mags looking for. My short stories tend to drift into longer ones.

    Apr 19, 2006
  • Research Archives Re: If you live in, or have ever been to, London, get in here!

    LOL! Park Lane is the dark blue, the penultimate street to Mayfair.

    Apr 19, 2006
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Should I continue/ start to write this story??

    Claire Patterson has had a bad memory of when she was a young girl. Good, Blurbs always introduce the MC in the first sentence. Her sister, Joy, and her were ...

    Apr 19, 2006
  • General Fiction Novels Re: Prologue of Life's Story

    I dont really think this should be a prologue, as someone on Squills said, prologues should give a past background to a story, the main character should be introduced in ...

    Apr 19, 2006
  • Other Poetry Re: Writing Challenge 4/17th

    LOL! It is a pathetic poem, I am more of a short story/novelist

    Apr 18, 2006


Proud people breed sad sorrows for themselves.
— Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights