User avatar

Summerless

  • Writing Tips Re: How to make reviewers hate you...

    Haha, I cracked up (and almost choked on my popsicle) when I read Suzanne's, LoveableLittleShock's, and Aedomir's add-ons to the list. :] A have a few more. 32. TyPe LiKe ...

    May 19, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: How to make reviewers hate you...

    20 (or 21, according to Jabberhut ^_^) . Cliché is love! Forget about saying the "scintillating sun." Why not say sparkly and pretty and friendly? Or what about the moon? ...

    May 18, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: How do you write your novel?

    Haha, this is what I wonder about too. I jot down ideas and little segments I want in my story in my notebook. Sheets of paper can get lost easily ...

    May 18, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: making a book longer

    What a great thread. I always encounter things like these--so often, in fact, that I know how to deal with some of them. If you think your character(s) are vague... ...

    May 18, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Do you carry a notebook with you?

    Wow. Lots of people have notebooks they carry around, and so do I! :] Mine is a plain black Mead Composition notebook. I like composition notebooks because they keep all ...

    May 18, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Character Sheet

    This is so great and helpful. I will try filling some of these out since I'm really into turning one of my unfinished-but-is-working-to-be-finished stories into a book. Thank you! - ...

    May 18, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Flashbacks—any tips while writing them?

    Like Vernon said, put the flashback in italics. Or in a different font. In my flashbacks I like to use present tense if the actual story is written in present ...

    May 18, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Question

    Reviewing, at least for me, it when you give feedback. Example: This poem was really confusing for me to comprehend. Omit the word "and" in the third line in stanza ...

    May 18, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Names

    Oh, this is a really clever idea and thread! I, too, have a hard time coming up with names--last names, specifically. But I have a bunch of first names down. ...

    May 18, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: [<3] Testing

    Apr 21, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: [<3] Testing

    Apr 20, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: [<3] Testing

    Secrets in Sun Lake Rules O1 Follow all the rules and guides of Young Writers Society. O2 Please refrain from control all aspects of the role-play :] O3 Minimal swearing. ...

    Apr 20, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: [<3] Testing

    Apr 20, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: [<3] Testing

    Apr 20, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: [<3] Testing

    Apr 20, 2008


There was nothing he enjoyed more than a good book. He'd wander into the study, take down some leather-bound volume, and eat it.
— Terence Brady (dog owner)