User avatar

Summerless

  • Poetry Discussion Re: Featured Member - March '08!

    Great job and congratulations, gadi! I love your poem :] - Summerless

    May 18, 2008
  • Poetry Discussion Re: ryhming isnt to hard is it?..

    I don't think rhyming is too hard but getting the right rhythm is the challenge.

    May 13, 2008
  • Fiction Discussion Re: What are you reading at the moment?

    I recently finished Good Enough by Paula Yoo. It was well written and it was humorous. I recommend it to everyone--especially people who are preparing for college.

    May 13, 2008
  • Poetry Discussion Re: Structure?

    I agree with ink_on_fire. The way the poem flows is part of poetry. The words chosen and the way one writes it helps the flow of the poem. But I ...

    May 13, 2008
  • Poetry Discussion Re: Most Influential Poet(s)

    This is a nice thread. I'm glad you made it. :] My most influential poets are Walt Whitman (for the free verse), Robert Frost (for expressing hidden meanings), and William ...

    May 13, 2008
  • Poetry Discussion Re: How do you write poetry?

    That is a difficult question. I never thought of it. Poetry, though, as far as I know, is a story that has no limited form. Feelings are strongly expressed through ...

    May 13, 2008
  • Poetry Discussion Re: Types of Poetic Structure

    Sonnets have a rhyme scheme of: A, B, A, B, C, D, C, D, E, F, E, F, G, G. And, as you already stated you know, they consist of ...

    May 13, 2008
  • Art & Photography Re: Twilight (Book) Stuff

    The one about kryptonite is cute. The pencil one is amusing. The others are okay. I can see how you incorporated the actual parts from Twilight. *thumbs up* As for ...

    May 12, 2008
  • Art & Photography Re: Pixel Art

    For the pixel house I only have one thing to say. Wow. As for the creature things, I like number two, style two best out of the four. All of ...

    May 12, 2008
  • Fiction Discussion Re: self-criticism

    I feel like that too, sometimes. These days I tend to get overwhelmed by my writing. I think to myself: I will never finish this. This sounds really cheesy. But ...

    May 12, 2008
  • Fiction Discussion Re: How on earth do you describe physical pain

    Try reading books that are about pain or interview someone who experienced something wretched or agonizing. Have a friend who got hit in the face with a soccer ball? Have ...

    May 8, 2008
  • Fiction Discussion Re: First Novel?

    I definitely agree with deafwriter_19, although I wouldn't use Stephenie Meyer as an example. There are pretty decent writers who were younger than twenty when they published a novel, and ...

    May 2, 2008
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Perfect Characters?

    I distaste perfect characters. There is no fault in them so the reader has an easier time predicting what would happen next. There is no flaw and so the reader ...

    May 2, 2008
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Swearing In Stories

    My friend who is a decent writer uses swear words, but only for three characters in her ongoing story. I role-play with a different real-life friend and one of my ...

    May 2, 2008
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Original things that became Cliche

    I so agree. I used to like saying "drowning in memories" but that grew old. I also liked saying "her hair cascaded down her back" but my friend stole that ...

    May 2, 2008


I have lived through much, and now I think I have found what is needed for happiness. A quiet secluded life in the country, with the possibility of being useful to people to whom it is easy to do good... then rest, nature, books, music, love for one's neighbor - such is my idea of happiness.
— Leo Tolstoy