User avatar

Summerless

  • Romantic Short Stories Re: Opposite of a Straight Path

    Wow, this is pretty good for an hour's worth of work. A few things, though. I think you should lose the whole tribe/princess/magical powers things. It makes the story weak ...

    May 21, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: isn't it ironic?

    I thought me and she could be That is grammatically incorrect. It should be "I thought she and I could be." (If you have any questions on why, feel free ...

    May 21, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: beneath the skin

    defenceless if you look at the way Defenseless doesn't have a 'c.' Replace it with an 's'. my stringy blue veins are so clear beneath the sheer paleness of skin ...

    May 21, 2008
  • Romantic Novels Re: Bad Girls Need Love Too

    Oh, wow, this is so sad and moving. The main character's innocence is lost! :'( The way you wrote and described each character makes me feel sympathy for the girl ...

    May 20, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: My Immortal

    Wow, that was an easy and nice read. I like the "chips fall" part and how your wish--being able write about the feeling you were feeling. The only thing I ...

    May 19, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: Hello. :)

    Hi Chelsi! Welcome to Young Writers Society! Looks like Demeter basically told you about the reviews. Let me extend on them. Reviewing is when you critique/compliment someone else's work. The ...

    May 19, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Highest Degree

    Oh, Ross, this is lovely! This style of yours sounds much like Harper Lee's, especially with the tone I can hear the narrator assume. I loved the way you started. ...

    May 19, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: How to make reviewers hate you...

    Haha, I cracked up (and almost choked on my popsicle) when I read Suzanne's, LoveableLittleShock's, and Aedomir's add-ons to the list. :] A have a few more. 32. TyPe LiKe ...

    May 19, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Storm-wings

    Oh, I really enjoyed reading this! You had some alliteration and the wording was interesting. I have a few questions, though. Were you trying to keep a rhyme scheme or ...

    May 18, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: How to make reviewers hate you...

    20 (or 21, according to Jabberhut ^_^) . Cliché is love! Forget about saying the "scintillating sun." Why not say sparkly and pretty and friendly? Or what about the moon? ...

    May 18, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: How do you write your novel?

    Haha, this is what I wonder about too. I jot down ideas and little segments I want in my story in my notebook. Sheets of paper can get lost easily ...

    May 18, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: making a book longer

    What a great thread. I always encounter things like these--so often, in fact, that I know how to deal with some of them. If you think your character(s) are vague... ...

    May 18, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Do you carry a notebook with you?

    Wow. Lots of people have notebooks they carry around, and so do I! :] Mine is a plain black Mead Composition notebook. I like composition notebooks because they keep all ...

    May 18, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Character Sheet

    This is so great and helpful. I will try filling some of these out since I'm really into turning one of my unfinished-but-is-working-to-be-finished stories into a book. Thank you! - ...

    May 18, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Flashbacks—any tips while writing them?

    Like Vernon said, put the flashback in italics. Or in a different font. In my flashbacks I like to use present tense if the actual story is written in present ...

    May 18, 2008


Be led by your talent and not by your self-loathing ... everything beautiful in the world is within you.
— Russell Brand