User avatar

Squall

  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Let It Bleed: (possibly the new beginning)

    Hey there Gwen. Well you've summoned me to critique your revised edition. Here I am, ready to strike. Her scarlet hair dangled over her smooth slopping shoulder, her spine rippled ...

    Feb 26, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Journals of the Broken

    Hey Reakeda, First of all, I would like to say that Azlia has pretty much covered as to what I've thought of this piece. What I would like to add ...

    Feb 25, 2008
  • Fantasy Novels Re: The Adventures of Nathan Fondue Chapter One

    Hey there, and welcome to YWS. Detectspie Nathan Fondue yawned. It wasn't a particularly exciting yawn, just another garden-variety sleepy yawn. 1. What is a detectspie (is dumb). 2. What ...

    Feb 22, 2008
  • Fantasy Novels Re: DoaV (2nd version): Prologue Part 2

    I would like to elaborate further into the flaws of intertwining your diary entries with the actual writing itself. I didn't mention it in the 1st post in this thread, ...

    Feb 22, 2008
  • Romantic Short Stories Re: Adam and Elle.

    Hey Lucy. (this is critique no 3 out of 75 ). Slowly he slid the smoothness of the back of his hand along his mouth, removing the fluid, before taking ...

    Feb 21, 2008
  • Fantasy Novels Re: DoaV (2nd version): Prologue Part 2

    Hey Valor, I'm back. I've actually found time to critique part 2. Might as well get started, since I quite like critiquing your work, as it is quite challenging to ...

    Feb 21, 2008
  • Fantasy Novels Re: DoaV (2nd Version): Prologue Part 1

    Hey Valor, I did promise to do this. (This is number 1 of the 75 critique challenge in a week). Apparently, the man who said ‘you are what you choose ...

    Feb 21, 2008
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Alphess: part one [revised as of 2008/03/11]

    Hello Camille. I bet Gwen did told you that I'm going to review this. She was right :D Prepare yourself thy mortal, this is a critique served extra hot from ...

    Feb 19, 2008
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Chasing Rainbows Chapter 1 Revised

    The moment that you have been waiting for Vernon "does sarcastic gasp". Alexzander heard nothing as he bowed several times and smiled, arrogantly rolling his eyes, down at the peasants ...

    Feb 15, 2008
  • Fantasy Novels Re: The Trumpet Player: The Prologue

    DarkTestimonyofTruth, I treat a prologue more like a sneak in chapter 1. Therefore, it should have undergone development, not just be a shell of a cliche. Why even use a ...

    Feb 14, 2008
  • Fantasy Novels Re: The Trumpet Player: The Prologue

    Hey there, and welcome to YWS. Through the window, charred ruins of decades past could be seen. Can you show to us as to how the ruins were decades past? ...

    Feb 13, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: Changed Your Username? Tell Us Here!

    Used to be Squallz, now Fayth (as in The Fayth from Final Fantasy X), though I might be changing it again soon.

    Feb 12, 2008
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Let It Bleed: Chapter Three

    Round 3, get ready. A soft thudding caressed my head, small warm pricks moved up and down on my arms. Thudding and caressed? How does that work? Thudding is more ...

    Feb 11, 2008
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Let It Bleed: Chapter Two

    Round 2, Around his waste a long dagger hung from a belt along with a small pouch. Waist. There should be a comma after "waist". "Calm down, here drink this." ...

    Feb 10, 2008
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Let It Bleed: Chapter One

    Hey Gwen, This is ok. The main problems with the piece is 1. this concept has been done before 2. the descriptions you've used don't really work together that well ...

    Feb 10, 2008


For in everything it is no easy task to find the middle ... anyone can get angry—that is easy—or give or spend money; but to do this to the right person, to the right extent, at the right time, with the right motive, and in the right way, that is not for everyone, nor is it easy; wherefore goodness is both rare and laudable and noble.
— Aristotle