Random avatar

SophieSays

  • General Fiction Novels Re: Falling into Darkness [Weight of the World - Prologue]

    Hi, I'm Sophie. Comments are in red. The demonic voices ring through my head. Give in. Give up. They whisper to me sweetly. (I like the first two sentences, but ...

    Apr 17, 2010
  • Welcome Mat Re: Stating the obvious: I'm new. ;)

    Hey Jess, Welcome to YWS! I also live in the UK, I'm Sophie and I'm fourteen. I prefer fantasy/magical realism to science fiction, although I have enjoyed a few dystopian ...

    Apr 17, 2010
  • Other Poetry Re: Smells of the Ocean

    This is a nice idea, and I like some of your lines. I agree with BlueRaspberry about starting every line with 'I'. I also think that you should either focus ...

    Apr 17, 2010
  • General Fiction Novels Re: Let Them Die (Prologue)

    Hi, I enjoyed this, it has a very nice voice to it, although I did have to read it twice. You do switch tenses a couple of times, but you ...

    Apr 17, 2010
  • General Fiction Novels Re: Clements, Lemon and Crunch - Part One - First Draft

    Thanks both of you. You've both given me some stuff to think about and I am definitely going to do a rewrite now. I am also going to take another ...

    Apr 14, 2010
  • WRFF Archive Re: A Nice Review Made Just for You!

    I have posted the second part of my story. It used to be called 'The Man in the Top Hat/Emilie's Diary', but it's now changed to 'Clements, Lemon and Crunch'. ...

    Apr 13, 2010
  • General Fiction Novels Re: Clements, Lemon and Crunch - Part One - First Draft

    Thanks everyone! I decided not to post this in Fantasy Fiction as at the moment the fantastical elements are a minor part. Here is a link to the second part: ...

    Apr 13, 2010
  • Welcome Mat Re: Why Hello There! ^^

    Hey, I'm another Sophie that lives in England, although I'm fourteen. It's nice to meet you! This is a great place to get feedback - I'll keep an eye out ...

    Apr 13, 2010
  • Historical Fiction Short Stories Re: Last Blaze of Summer (Flash Fiction)

    I agree that this piece needs a stronger 'voice'. It's images are very nice, but I have no idea about who is seeing them. Are they a child or a ...

    Apr 13, 2010
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: The letter

    Reading that letter made me genuinely sad. I thought the narrator sounded much younger in the first paragraph than the she did in the second, unless this was intentional? It's ...

    Apr 13, 2010
  • Other Poetry Re: Just a Scar - Edited

    I gave this a 'like' - it's a clever idea. I think all the nitpicky bits have been pointed out, so I'll just focus on it overall. I thought the ...

    Apr 13, 2010
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Roberto Who Was Greedy

    I really enjoyed this! It was amusing and reminded me a bit of 'Matilda' by Hilaire Belloc and Augustus Gloop (?) from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory! And I mean ...

    Apr 13, 2010
  • WRFF Archive Re: Sophie's Review Shop! (Open)

    Both are done! :D

    Apr 13, 2010
  • Romantic Novels Re: The Greatest Matchmaking Challenge Ever: Ch. 4

    Sophie - Here to review! I really enjoyed this. Most of the nitpicks have already been mentioned so I think I'll just critique the chapter overall. Even though I hadn't ...

    Apr 13, 2010
  • Fantasy Novels Re: The Pain-Chapter 2 *REVISED*

    Hi! Sophie here to review - as requested! I really enjoyed this. You are very good at world-building and the characters are already very well developed - and I haven't ...

    Apr 13, 2010


Remember, a stranger once told you that the breeze here is something worth writing poems about.
— Shinji Moon