User avatar

Sophie

  • Other Poetry Re: a misleading love poem

    Uh oh, starting to get a bit too proud of this poem. I think i might start writing ALL my poems in the bath.... *cough*

    Jan 31, 2006
  • Official Polls Re: What do you think of the new pay-for-posts policy?

    Woo! *basks in praise... even if it's not really mine.....*

    Jan 30, 2006
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: my parents say stop, I say party

    I loved it. It was quite beautiful and it seemed to capture a lot. I particularly liked the second stanza, esp the second half. But i have to say I ...

    Jan 30, 2006
  • Other Poetry Re: Heart Shaped Box (nothing to do with Nirvana)

    I guess it kinda does. It is about changing growing, but keeping the past tucked away somewhere. Sigh, maybe, not too corny?

    Jan 30, 2006
  • Other Poetry Re: a misleading love poem

    Yay. Well I'm very pleased with Snoink's comment. forest_ofthe_nightingale - I kinda see what you mean about the careless thing. And xanthan gum - the slings bit (kinda stolen from ...

    Jan 30, 2006
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Valentine's Day (edited)

    I liked the "Wasted Wednesdays" bit But I agree with everyone that the "Why pick only one day to love?" bit is classic. Don't mind if I use that do ...

    Jan 30, 2006
  • Official Polls Re: What do you think of the new pay-for-posts policy?

    I think it's a good idea actually. At first I thought, well I don't really care about how many points I have, more worried about posts. But now I've realised ...

    Jan 28, 2006
  • Other Poetry Re: Heart Shaped Box (nothing to do with Nirvana)

    Ok, new try. Still don't know what to change the title to, but I will. I got sick of all your whispered nothings, And seasonal sighs of reminiscence. The fog ...

    Jan 28, 2006
  • Other Poetry Re: a misleading love poem

    Heroine She knows I long for her, Despite the staring she causes, Despite the sickness she brings me, Forgetting all the costs Never mind the wounds she’s left me, The ...

    Jan 25, 2006
  • Other Poetry Re: did you know i couldn't last i always knew it

    Is it wrong that I loved this?... I should try it without the loud music and pay a little more attention, but I just.... liked it.... Ok I really gotta ...

    Jan 25, 2006
  • Other Poetry Re: Heart Shaped Box (nothing to do with Nirvana)

    timjim77 - Why do I have to change the title? Do you have any suggestions for a replacement? xanthan gum - Not too harsh. Thanks. Any suggestions on improving the ...

    Jan 22, 2006
  • Other Poetry Re: Under Your Skin

    Yeah this is good. The layout could have easily distorted it too much, but it didn't, it kind of enforced it. I like it.

    Jan 20, 2006
  • Other Poetry Re: Heart Shaped Box (nothing to do with Nirvana)

    Basically I had the first two verses in another poem and I really liked them, but I feel the rest just let it down. Any advice? I got sick of ...

    Jan 20, 2006
  • Other Poetry Re: Red and Yellow

    Ok I love this... But I don't know why I love this. I need to mull over this. And I'll be glad to do so.

    Jan 10, 2006
  • Other Poetry Re: Be Cool

    So by make it into prose do you mean use the same idea but change the format entirely? To be honest I dont know how I thought I could tackle ...

    Jan 2, 2006


Words are pale shadows of forgotten names. As names have power, words have power. Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts.
— Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind