-
Re: The Art of BSing
BSing, or the practice of pulling information from nowhere, is a useful skill. You laugh, I see you. But don't underestimate the power of BS. It is the difference between ...
Mar 12, 2011 -
Re: You Know You're a Nerd When...
You know you're a nerd when everything on your Christmas list is either Harry Potter or Doctor Who related. *cough* Not like this is me, or anything. I have some ...
Nov 29, 2010 -
Re: The things parents say...
Well, for my 18th birthday my mom "got me" George Clooney. She handed me a picture of him she cut out from a magazine and said, "Here. You're old enough ...
Nov 11, 2010 -
Re: 7 Simple Rules for Stronger Prose
I agree with using "said", and also with: "Said" can be annoying. In fact, any large amount of dialogue tags are annoying. . I think the main point is balance. ...
Nov 11, 2010 -
Re: Speedwrite the word above you #2
Disco
Nov 7, 2010 -
Re: Nationality Headcount at YWS
[I assume that we're counting our nationality as where we live and were born? I live in America and have for a few generations, but our family is still really ...
Oct 30, 2010 -
Re: Year 3000 (intro, rough draft, chapter 1)
Below is the passage with grammatical corrections, editing suggestions, etc. If I encountered a paragraph or section without anything to comment on, I left and ellipses (…) in place of ...
Oct 30, 2010 -
Re: Removed
Alright! Before I begin, I'd like to say that I have not read the Pt. 1 of the prologue (which is horrible of me, I know. I'm actually pretty interested ...
Oct 30, 2010 -
Re: The "Different" Questionnaire - All Answer!
Un: You are hanging for dear life off the edge of a cliff face. Explain your thoughts in no more than two words. Various expletives. "What the CUSS?" Deux: What's ...
Oct 26, 2010 -
Re: What's your accent?
I'm Minnesotan, don't cha know? Kidding, no one actually says that. Well...they don't say it that much. Generally speaking, it sounds like "normal American" with the exception of never pronouncing ...
Oct 26, 2010 -
Re: How do you review?
I'm still working on refining my technique here, because I'm stuck in the AP mode of "you better grade this like Grammar Hitler because the teacher is going to and ...
Oct 26, 2010 -
Re: Geek Moments
I thought I saw Kurt's Dad from Glee walking around my college campus. The psychotic internal hyperventilating that ensued was a nice break from Chemistry.
Oct 26, 2010 -
Re: College Essay 2.0 (maybe?)
Yes! That's what I like to see =D Not that your original essay was bad, or anything, but this one is certainly better. It has more direction and tells a ...
Oct 26, 2010 -
Re: Hello's and goodbye's.
Interesting...it's too short yet to really see what is going on, but I like what you've got so far. I'm definitely wanting to know more about these two and what ...
Oct 23, 2010 -
Re: College Essay (I think?)
As others have said, this is much too narrative in nature, and that the main focus should be selling yourself. One major problem that I encountered when writing college letters ...
Oct 23, 2010
