User avatar

Skye

  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: The Story

    Okay, so Cassandra already addressed the info-dumping issue, and I back her 100%. Letting the characters' details leak out one by one is far more satisfying for the writer than ...

    Oct 13, 2006
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Slow-motion

    night air sticks to the insides of my ribs dizzying breathlessness on the verge of tears, terror – ..................... can you feel it pulsing now? passion never really was our ...

    Oct 13, 2006
  • Writing Activities Re: Make Up The Worst Possible Opening Line Ever

    The end.

    Oct 13, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: The Good, the Bad and the Inbetweens

    Great post, Jack. Definitely something to strive for. :)

    Oct 11, 2006
  • Randomosity Re: TEST

    Can she reply? EDIT: Yes she can!

    Oct 10, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: The Color Thesaurus

    I officially love you forever. *saves*

    Oct 10, 2006
  • Writing Activities Re: Character Answer Game

    Pale blues or whites. Anything lacey, really. I've always wanted to wear black, but Mother insists it's awful for my complexion. I wonder what I'll do if I have to ...

    Oct 9, 2006
  • Fantasy Novels Re: The Chair of Wind & Darkness: Draft Two [1-4]: Closed

    I read the first couple paragraphs (prologue, right?) and practically fell out of my chair. Yeah, it was that fabulous. So, I'm finally getting started on your crit -- yes, ...

    Oct 9, 2006
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Gypsie Eyes

    I loved it too! Especially at the beginning, when you described Avarn. He was definitely enigmatic and cool. :) I also liked Tannar, whom you characterized well (ie, staring, fiddling ...

    Oct 9, 2006
  • Art & Photography Re: ANIMATED avatars

    Pretty shweet! I agree with Sponson though, the loop is kinda crazy on the Koda Kumi ones. I love the hand one. :)

    Oct 9, 2006
  • Scripts Re: Detention

    Cute indeed! Believable characters/dialogue as well. I just read your post about play writing, so I'm wondering if this is what you ended up with for your class?

    Oct 9, 2006
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Greengage Girl

    Mmh... You have a sexy voice. ;) This was a fabulous poem, both out loud and on paper, which seems to be a rare accomplishment indeed. No criticism, just love.

    Oct 9, 2006
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: The Fallen Angel

    I agree with Jiggity, having the angel on the "bad" side is a cool little touch. In fact, I liked the whole thing, just... For example, there was the time ...

    Oct 9, 2006
  • Official Polls Re: What's your strongest element?

    I voted description, just because I don't think I'm half bad at putting pretty words together. I like characterization too, though.

    Oct 8, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: "The Real World"

    I, too, am rather shy about my writing. Two of my closest friends know, and they write as well. My parents know I write prose, but not poetry. I never ...

    Oct 3, 2006


I think the best thing about making it into the quote generator is when nobody tells you, so one day you're just scrolling and voila, some phenomenally inane thing that crawled out of your dying synapses and immediately regretted being born the second it made contact with the air has been archived for all time. Or worse, a remark of only average inanity. Never tell me when you've put me in the generator. Pride-tinged regret just doesn't taste the same without the spice of surprise.
— SirenCymbaline