User avatar

Skye

  • Randomosity Re: St. Petersburg Update

    OMG! I'm going to from the new DARTZ! song ... called ... yes ... you guessed it ... "St. Petersburg." It's my turn It's your turn It's my turn Time ...

    Oct 20, 2006
  • Lounge, The Re: Post Your Pic Here (4)

    Wiggy: Darn you - Louis is HOTT! ;) And you're adorable too. That's it, you're perfect for each other! :P

    Oct 19, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: First and Third person

    Have you read The Bartimaeus Trilogy? It starts off in first person with endnotes (which I love!) and is in third person for the character Nathaniel. Exactly what I was ...

    Oct 19, 2006
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Slow-motion

    Thanks El! *gives soup* :) Iambic pentameter is where there's 10 syllables on each line in a stressed/unstressed pattern, so it ends up sounding sort of lyrical. Shakespeare is a ...

    Oct 19, 2006
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Slow-motion

    It's the horrific Iambic Pentameter that's scaring everyone away, isn't it? :P

    Oct 19, 2006
  • Other Poetry Re: Stalls

    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the key to "paragraphical poetry" (excuse my non-scientific name for it) a steady, pretty rhythm? There are several places where you achieve this ...

    Oct 19, 2006
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Reversible Verse: Age and Sleep (Revision)

    This is really amazing. Seriously. The second-to-last line could be a little iffy, but by then the reader has (hopefully) realized what you were doing, so it's okay. Fabulous.

    Oct 19, 2006
  • Information Desk Archive Re: The YWS Interview With Tamora Pierce

    *gasps/dies* That is amazing! I didn't even know there was a new book coming out, and now I'm all excited. Yay! :D

    Oct 19, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Creative Writing Class

    If you ever do poetry, you're welcome to any of my stuff as well. (I think I have a couple stories posted, but they're not worthy lol.) :)

    Oct 16, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: What are you reading at the moment?

    I'm reading Francine Rivers' A Voice In the Wind for about the seventh time. Seriously, Romans don't get any hotter than this. *sniffles* Marry me, Marcus! Really? Now I'm interested! ...

    Oct 16, 2006
  • Welcome Mat Re: Fand-tastic!

    Hooray for vegetarians! We shouls seriously start a support group or something, there are so many of us! :)

    Oct 16, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: TTFN and TTYL by Lauren Myracle

    *headdesk* Chatspeak is for chat rooms, not for books. Was that seriously published? Oh dear... :(

    Oct 16, 2006
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Closing Windows

    OOOF, indeed. This was definitely beautiful. But could I expect any less from you? Anyways... dreams twenty two thousand leages out of reach - Perhaps hyphenate like so: "twenty-two thousand". ...

    Oct 16, 2006
  • Writing Activities Re: Character Answer Game

    I wouldn't consider myself superstitious, no. I'm not even afraid of the dark. ~Alicia If you could save one (physical) item from your burning house/hovel/castle/etc. what would it be?

    Oct 16, 2006
  • Science-Fiction Short Stories Re: Compound Brazil-7- (This is for school, crits appreciated)

    Woo, very cool. I love the whole "mysterious killer virus" premise, very catchy. There are several times in the piece (mostly at the beginning, I believe) where you use the ...

    Oct 15, 2006


A poet is, before anything else, a person who is passionately in love with language.
— W.H. Auden