User avatar

SilentButSure

  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: I hate Harry Potter; now discuss.

    I do not like HP books. Why? 1. It's supposed to be children's books. And it's witchcraft. Aren't you supposed to let children read books that you get nice lessons ...

    Mar 17, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: I hate Harry Potter; now discuss.

    So then when does literary allusion become plagiarism? Read this and this ; they touch on that (not so much with allusion, but with borrowing from an original source). Thanks ...

    Mar 17, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: I hate Harry Potter; now discuss.

    Take the example of the spiders. JK's aragog is almost exactly like Shelob. The names are even similar and both taken from other names that simply mean a spider. That's ...

    Mar 16, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: I hate Harry Potter; now discuss.

    Believe me, I can be just as childish as the next person (I sleep with a pink monkey!). Doesn't mean I'm going to start reading Spot books and watching Rosie ...

    Mar 16, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: I hate Harry Potter; now discuss.

    Perhaps plagiarism is the wrong word to use but I'm not sure it's just literary allusion either. Say someone on this forum wrote a story with a flying, talking hamster ...

    Mar 15, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: World hunger has been cured?

    The best plan would be to use all the money used on military expenses around the world to cure world poverty instead. There is more than enough. But noooo, war ...

    Mar 2, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: Teen Suicide Incidents in Bridgend, Wales, UK

    I've been reading about this for a while and it confuses me so much I have to stop thinking about it before I explode. For someone like me who likes ...

    Mar 2, 2008


But sometimes a hypocrite is nothing more than a person who is in the process of changing.
— Dalinar (Oathbringer by Brandon Sanderson)