User avatar

Shriek

  • Writing Tips Re: How do YOU get last names for a story charater?

    Usually, I just try to find a first/last name combo that sounds alright. Sometimes there will be deeper meaning behind it, other tiimes no such luck. At any rate, the ...

    Aug 7, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: What Is Your Favorite Writing Tip?

    Actually, it's an acting tip, but of course it's applicable to writing, as it is to all art. There is no such thing as a "character." It's about exposing yourself ...

    Apr 26, 2007
  • Writers Corner Re: Lyndsey writes about writing.

    Okay, it's up. -Takes a nervous gulp of air-

    Mar 30, 2007
  • Writers Corner Re: Lyndsey writes about writing.

    Aw, Snoink. Thank you for the encouragement. I appreciate it so much. One of the things I most admire about Williams' A Streetcar Named Desire is the role reversal. You ...

    Mar 14, 2007
  • Writers Corner Re: Lyndsey writes about writing.

    I am currently working on one of my larger attempts at greatness: a short story with the working title The Difference Between Landmines and Time Bombs. Don't get excited, it's ...

    Feb 26, 2007
  • Research Re: The Great Gatsby

    Those are valid points, LamaLama. But, correct me if I'm wrong -- wasn't Gatsby a self-made man? If I remember correctly, he didn't inherit his money, but worked from the ...

    Apr 22, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Making sure things are clear...

    Oh gosh, Dusky -- this new piece sounds wonderful. And also very difficult. While I'm not necessarily a fan of the bold/italic idea (Sorry, Ari!), I'd be interested in seeing ...

    Apr 18, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: What makes a good title?

    That sounds pretty good, Mattie. I'd definitely check into your story if it were based soley on the title -- it's causes a bunch of questions to pop into a ...

    Apr 16, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Young writer has problems

    I liked the reading blogs of older people idea. I've been doing that to prepare myself for college and such ('cause I'm a dork.) It might surprise you that older ...

    Feb 15, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Chapters and Parts

    Sometimes I feel like dividing a book into parts has no purpose. Unless, of course, you're analyzing it in English class ( Ethan Frome being a prime example...) But I ...

    Jan 18, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Five Tips for Writing Convincing Characters

    Be a dog walker, not a puppeteer. Ahahahah. I really liked that line, for some reason. ^_^ And I agree with all that you wrote, and I'm going to use ...

    Apr 30, 2005


Morning without you is a dwindled dawn.
— Emily Dickenson