User avatar

Shriek

  • Media Reviews Re: Sylvia Plath

    good wow?

    Apr 6, 2008
  • Media Reviews Re: Sylvia Plath

    And Suzanne, I just did some investigation and she killed herself the same year the book was published, 1963. The book was published in January of 1963 and she was ...

    Oct 14, 2007
  • Media Reviews Re: Sylvia Plath

    The Bell Jar was tragic and frightening and morbid and beautiful all in one. I cannot begin to express how much I admire Plath for being able to recount her ...

    Oct 14, 2007
  • Media Reviews Re: YWS Recent Books Debate

    I would like to nominate Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson. Yeah, I'm aware that the book has been branded with the YA label -- something many of us "literaries" look ...

    Apr 28, 2007
  • Media Reviews Re: YWS Recent Books Debate

    I would like to nominate Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson. Yeah, I'm aware that the book has been branded with the YA label -- something many of us "literaries" look ...

    Apr 27, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: What are you reading at the moment?

    Man's Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl. It is very good.

    Apr 27, 2007
  • Media Reviews Re: YWS Recent Books Debate

    I would like to nominate Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson. Yeah, I'm aware that the book has been branded with the YA label -- something many of us "literaries" look ...

    Apr 25, 2007
  • Media Reviews Re: YWS Classics Debate

    I agree. For instance, I find Jane Austen and the Bronte sisters terribly dull -- and getting through something like The Illiad or even Beowulf (which I don't think is ...

    Apr 20, 2007
  • Media Reviews Re: YWS Classics Debate

    12. Yay, I got Nate beat. As far as poetry goes, I think it could stand to have its own list. Plays too, because Tennessee Williams and Paul Zindel deserve ...

    Apr 20, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: Title Feedback

    Hmmmm. Sounds interesting. But ... is that a second spelling of "secret" with an e at the end? Or are you talking about secrete, the verb? Oh, wordplay and your ...

    Mar 4, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: Character Answer Game

    Job? I refuse to have a job, because in the American understanding, jobs are meaningless tasks meant for raking in money in order to buy insignificant material things. And I ...

    Mar 4, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: One line Summary

    Probably pull a Dorothy and try to get home. Probably. If you could broadcast one sentence to the entire population of the world, what would it be?

    Feb 21, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: The Worst Story Ever

    The Cannibal let out a burp that shook the universe, in reply. Then he looked John in the eye, patted his shoulder and said, "John, I am your father." This ...

    Feb 21, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: The Worst Story Ever

    "So Q'zartialanis ... That's, like, Arabic, right?" The would be co-star batted her eyelashes innocently. "Yep." John reached for her hand and held it awkwardly, right then and there. The ...

    Feb 16, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: Title Feedback

    Eh. It didn't catch my eye, nor did it pique my curiousity. Of course, it does present of the question of who or what fails to thrive? but at the ...

    Jan 30, 2007


I understand what you're saying, and your comments are valuable, but I'm gonna ignore your advice.
— Roald Dahl