User avatar

Shriek

  • Dramatic Poetry Re: battlefields

    Liz -- Thanks. I agree, it does feel a bit disjointed. I don't know, I'm not a pro at these things -- I am trying my best. It is fine ...

    Apr 28, 2007
  • Media Reviews Re: YWS Recent Books Debate

    I would like to nominate Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson. Yeah, I'm aware that the book has been branded with the YA label -- something many of us "literaries" look ...

    Apr 28, 2007
  • Media Reviews Re: YWS Recent Books Debate

    I would like to nominate Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson. Yeah, I'm aware that the book has been branded with the YA label -- something many of us "literaries" look ...

    Apr 27, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: What are you reading at the moment?

    Man's Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl. It is very good.

    Apr 27, 2007
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: battlefields

    This was formerly another piece, but I gave it a facelift. You can find it here . battlefields i despise your eyes so cynically colored, crimson like the flags you ...

    Apr 27, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: What Is Your Favorite Writing Tip?

    Actually, it's an acting tip, but of course it's applicable to writing, as it is to all art. There is no such thing as a "character." It's about exposing yourself ...

    Apr 26, 2007
  • Media Reviews Re: YWS Recent Books Debate

    I would like to nominate Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson. Yeah, I'm aware that the book has been branded with the YA label -- something many of us "literaries" look ...

    Apr 25, 2007
  • Media Reviews Re: YWS Classics Debate

    I agree. For instance, I find Jane Austen and the Bronte sisters terribly dull -- and getting through something like The Illiad or even Beowulf (which I don't think is ...

    Apr 20, 2007
  • Media Reviews Re: YWS Classics Debate

    12. Yay, I got Nate beat. As far as poetry goes, I think it could stand to have its own list. Plays too, because Tennessee Williams and Paul Zindel deserve ...

    Apr 20, 2007
  • Lounge, The Re: So I'm going to wear a uniform...

    I WORE A UNIFORM AND I LOVED EVERY SECOND OF IT. It helped that they were cute, and I didn't have to worry about what to wear day in and ...

    Apr 16, 2007
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: rectangular cutscenes

    It is a emotional piece, Jack. My critique might sting if the wounds are still fresh -- I don't want to come off as insensitive -- but here it is: ...

    Apr 15, 2007
  • Lounge, The Re: YWS community on Live Journal

    RRG! But Xanga is so much better!

    Apr 14, 2007
  • Historical Fiction Novels Re: Hourglass No. 2

    Sam-- You certainly are talented for your age, and I think I will never get over that. However, your age shines through in the writing. While it is certainly not ...

    Apr 13, 2007
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: The Difference Between Landmines and Time Bombs

    Haha, Jig -- thanks. I hate you too. ;) And you're right. According to dictionary.com, it's "blasted."

    Apr 13, 2007
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Morning Birds At First Light

    I wrote something very similar to this junior year of high school, for an english assignment. We were to describe an outdoor scene, and so I did. I remember what ...

    Apr 10, 2007


We're just all nosy little busybodies.
— SirenCymbaline the Kiwi